Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski season in Alps 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I have been wanting to do a ski season for a few years and didnt think I was going to be able to do one this season until recently. I know its quite late given that the season starts in just a few weeks. At this stage I would take any kind of job in the alps although i would prefer somewhere in the 3 valleys as I have a friend out there and I know quite a few people heading on holidays but to be honest I would work anywhere.. If anyone knows where to find some jobs to apply for or has any advice on the best ways to apply for jobs please let me know as any all information will be helpful I am sure. I have a lot of bar work experience and I am very hardworking, friendly and extremely passionate about all things snow. Im not 100% sure about the rules for posting about commercial stuff but if anyone has information which is against the rules of the forum maybe you could pm me and and I can give you an email address.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pcurran871, have you looked at Natives and the jobs board on Chalets Direct? You may need more than bar work experience for most jobs but have a look and see if you have suitable skills and experience. Good luck Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Anniesays plus; knock on doors!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IF you want tour op work - get your cv off to them all quickly.... even at this time of year things change and people drop out - plus side everything arranged for you, just turn up for work everyday, neg side - terrible money, shared accomodation, petty beaurocracy.
local jobs - get out to resort and knock on doors, have a good starting balance to get you through the first month... better pay and conditions. (language skills usually help but not always necessary in the mainly brit resorts)
It's not too late, people will be drifting into resort from mid nov to look for work starting in dec.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at the Morris Pub (Val d'Isere) facebook page, looking for a sous chef for the season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you cook and want to Host, some of the companies are still looking for people where I'm going (La Plagne) but I don't know the Three Valleys at all, so can't help specifically

Also, bear in mind that soem companies will have all the positions filled in time for training and start of season but there are always drop outs in the first few weeks so get talking to as many companies as possible now and if they have spaces come up, they have your name Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yea i have been going through natives like a champion and applying for nearly everything I see but I thought I would post here to see if anyone had any other ideas of where else would be good places to work as I am sure not every employer uses natives.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what do you want to do?

If you can't get to resort 'on spec' for the local jobs, then the Tour Operators are an option. I'm not sure who is in the Three Valleys but we have Crystal, Alpine Elements, VIP Ski, SkiBeat, Inghams and probably more that I can't remember!

I would guess that most of their websites have a jobs tab

Good luck
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definitely post on here ASAP

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=2

My daughter is leaving in a week for a bar job in VT. I'll ask her for you

Good luck
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sequoiaboard, thanks very much I have been combing through the chaletsdirect forum looking at everything

chaletgirl, I will send an email to all of the tour operators and see if they have any jobs also, thanks! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doss, do you have a link for Morris Pub in Val d'Isere? I cant find it on facebook.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pcurran871, try Moris. One R.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I found moris pub but there was nothing about any jobs on their facebook page that I could see.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're not looking then - they posted something about chefs yesterday. Send them a message, perhaps? That shouldn't be too complex given that all their contact details are on the FB page.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
don't forget the second wave after Xmas as well, plenty of folk employed in the alps end up going home after new year so January can be quite a good time to pick up a job in the alps!
snow report
Thanks Lizzard, I found the page but I need to wait for a friend request to be accepted before I can view the page.

Daleskier, I know some jobs come available in january and im hoping if I dont manage to get something sorted in the next few weeks I can maybe get one then.
ski holidays
hsdee, Ive sent off my cv to most of the tour ops I could find. Thanks.
latest report
I just had an email through Natives saying that Ski Olympic are still recruiting.
snow conditions
Thanks annaski, I shall see if I can find their ad on natives
snow report
Also Snowchateaux.
ski holidays
Thanks again annaski,
ski holidays
Still haven't managed to find something so thought I would bump this again
snow report
I would recommend getting out to your preferred resort after Xmas as something will turn up. I did my first season last year in Meribel and we lost 50% of our team in the first month. I had to resort to sticking posters up in local bars, on lamposts etc as we were that desperate. Alternatively, call the UK recruitment offices reguarly from now on. All the major TO's are in Meribel and plenty of independents including the one's that Chalet Girl mentioned. Ski Basics employ a fair few people in Meribel also.
Hopefully see you out there in a few weeks as I'm off to do my 2nd!
snow conditions
Quote:

I did my first season last year in Meribel and we lost 50% of our team in the first month.

Care to share the name of that employer so we can all avoid them? Laughing
snow report
ArgyleSki, could you possibly pm me who the company was. I don't care much if they are crap to work for as I would much rather be in resort doing a crap job than not be in resort at all. And of course I would never say anything to the actual company. I sent my cv to most major tour ops but as it was November they had already filled all their positions for snow but most have put me on a reserve list
snow conditions
Lizzard, They were actually a really good employer and a good chalet company (I holidayed with them the previous year which is why I decided to approach them for work) we were just unlucky with the people we employed. It was hard work for a few weeks whilst we all mucked in but things got better once we found some new people who actually cared about the guest experience.......and turned up for breakfast!
snow conditions
pcurran871, without reading all this thread, are you doing the season now and if so where. My advice if you are not yet fixed up. Go for it, choose a big ski area and hit the job market only if you need to. Me I am just a ski bum. Much more fun!! Toofy Grin I get to ski/snowboard everyday when there is fresh powder and get to rest when it is raining!! Yuk Twisted Evil Hope you have a fun season. Smile
snow report
snowcrazy, I haven't managed to get a job so far. It seems most companies fill their places quite early so I will probably have to wait until January before a lot of jobs open up again. How do you afford to stay in resort without without working? Are you heading out anywhere this season?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pcurran871, I base myself in Les Arcs, but go to loads of other resorts every season as well. How do I do it Very Happy save money the rest of the year so I can have the season off Madeye-Smiley then be poor for a few months when you go back and start all over again. Toofy Grin I guess it is a life style choice. I enjoy it. On my 12 consecutive season like this and still having fun. It helps if you enjoy all kinds of skiing, snowboarding and mountain stuff. There is always something new to try. Might be 'Speedflying' for me this year if the shoulder is OK. Twisted Evil

Good luck with your season wherever you end up. There is always a turnover of jobs in Jan. If you need a small cheap apartment to rent in Bourg in let me as I have a friend that wants to let his place out. Enjoy the season! Very Happy
latest report
snowcrazy, good effort!
snow report
very jealous of you snowcrazy ! I havent saved up enough to do that unfortunately but in a couple of years I plan to follow the snow and ski almost all year round!
ski holidays
Hi pcurran871,

Try calling the skibeat office if you still haven't found anything - I think that they have a position vacant . . .

Good luck!
Heather
ski holidays
Snow and Sunshine, I just rang ski beat but the person I spoke to was in sales and said that the guys in recruitment were already in resort doing the training with everyone. Would you possibly be able to pm me any further details you have on the position?

Thanks

Paddy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy