Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiwear for an Amazonian physique

Poster: A snowHead
A question for, most probably, the ladies of snowHeads:

Gf of me is: broad across the shoulders, significantly busty (DD) - as per post title, think Amazonian, not porkster.

This presents a significant challenge re: jackets. Women's ones appear to be made for teeny mice and men's jackets of course tend to be pretty tight around the female hips.

Suggestions, please, for brands who make something which will both fit around the bazookas and be at least vaguely flattering.

Thank you!

Z
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, Photos might help?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just get one a bit bigger so it fits the bust. Saying that I hate the latest styles of jackets out they all seem to be much more fitted and I can't stuff lots of things in my pockets. I have read that the German makes tend to be a bit more roomy. Also the new stretchy sort of fabric you can get in some jackets may help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schoffel go to UK22

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 10-11-12 19:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm an amazonian skier also, The North Face mens stuff tends to swamp less than most, I've had D2B gear previously (ski style rather than the more snowboard oriented stuff) that was fine.
I have NEVER found women specific jackets with broad enough shoulders or long enough arms without getting something that resembles a tent round my middle. If she is hell bent on women specific apparel and you have the budget for it then check out scandi manufacturers as they have a tall populace KJUS is the expensive one everyone has heard of but the scandi version of sport direct- STADIUM is very good and far cheaper my current ski jacket and trews were bought there last year. See also Dutch outdoor gear, again they are a tall nation, don't know any manufacturers off the top of my head tho.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm 6' 2" (188 cm) and 15 stone (95ish kg) with a 42" chest and my jacket for this season is a female XL Helly Hansen shell jacket.

May be worth looking at HH.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow, I'm so checking out HH although I think I'm bigger in the chest than you Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never had you down as a cross-dresser, Mike Pow...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk/perfect_fit/perfect_fit.html Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zammo, IME mens jackets are the only way forwards for hips. Womens jackets don't even come close. The only jackets that I found to fit were mens Tog 24 and mens Schoeffel. I don't have the bust problem, but I do have the hips issue - those jackets I got would also fit a huge bust.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zammo, try Eider stuff. I'm pretty broad across the shoulder, somewhat bustier than your missus, and 6 foot in my bare feet. I have the Eider Katana, and it leaves me a decent amount of space in the hip area, whilst doing that "in at the waist" thing - and I didn't have to buy it 2 sizes bigger just to get the chest in Neh Neh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the suggestions - v helpful. Will get googling.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zammo,
Quote:
an Amazonian physique
I hope not - that would indeed be quite difficult to clothe. Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Piehole wrote:
Never had you down as a cross-dresser, Mike Pow...

Ha ha.

Saved over 100 quid and in a colour I prefered to the men's line.
snow report
Pedantica, I suppose you wouldn't have to go overboard on the chestage sizing, what with only having one to cater for?
ski holidays
adamantis, wink
snow conditions
I did consider commenting but thought it would be best if I left it alone.
snow report
zammo - 'Nikita' seems to work for my g/f in a way she likes .....
latest report
Did anyone spot that this thread is just a gratutitous excuse for zammo to brag about Mrs z's assets?
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
I'm 6' 2" (188 cm) and 15 stone (95ish kg) with a 42" chest and my jacket for this season is a female XL Helly Hansen shell jacket.

wow, from previous discussion about waist / length of skis I thought you were closer to under a new name's height / weight.
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Did anyone spot that this thread is just a gratutitous excuse for zammo to brag about Mrs z's assets?

Booyakasha
snow conditions
RattytheSnowRat, ta. Looks promising. Turns out my old Saga jacket fits as a backup but this gear looks good too.
snow conditions
horizon wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

wow, from previous discussion about waist / length of skis I thought you were closer to under a new name's height / weight.

In the minority by skiing shorter skis. Currently on 173cm
latest report
PHDesigns will do you custom down gear, if you're willing to pay the premium for that. Might do you a shell as well, but that's a bit less likely to be economical. Their stuff is excellent quality, but is definitely practical rather than stylish. Another vote for Cioch Direct too; they make nice kit and to my mind it is pretty much ideal for skiing.
snow conditions
II wrote:
http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk/perfect_fit/perfect_fit.html Wink

That stuff looks pretty good value II. Worth remembering.
ski holidays
Your missus sounds like a similar size to me up top.

I've found Nike 6.0, DC and 686 all do nicely fitting women's gear. Also, Nikita is great but the sizes come up quite small so best to try them on. I'm a size 12 but with the Nikita gear a large barely zips up past my waist - their gear isn't made for women with boobs!
snow conditions
Sorry just packing my stuff upfir my flight to Hokkaido later today and the HH shell jacket is XXL.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I always thought Amazonian meant tall, muscular and maimed Puzzled
snow conditions
Pedantica, it means there's more room for your spare hat in the chest pocket!

I'm.. er .. well-covered up top, and my jacket is a women's Salomon which has plenty of room.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy