Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Gaurdian - Only with Salomon boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There has been quite a bit of chat on this forum about the new salomon guardian/atomic trackers but as far as I can see no-one has mentioned that they do not appear to be fully compatible with non-salomon boots. I have linked to an article discussing this. I just thought that this needed making clear as it is not well advertised as being the case. I am not 100% sure if that article also applies to the atomic tracker but they appear to have the same AFD from photos so I would guess so.

http://www.wildsnow.com/8495/salomon-guardian-boots-backcountry/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Tracker is a rebranded Guardian so yes it does have the same issue. I have a set of Guardians here ready to mount on some skis but am holding off until I find out whether or not they'll work okay with the non-sliding AFD and the new boots I end up buying.

From TGR people seem happy with touring boots with non-rockered soles but not those with rockered soles as they obviously squeeze the plate more. Normal alpine soles will work fine in it though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does seem really short sighted from Salomon. No-one buys boots just to match the bindings (tech excepted), so just another reason to stick with Dukes/Barons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, some stiff touring boots do have plastic bits similar to the Salomon ones. The Dynafit Mercury/Vulcan both have lugs to make them more compatible with 'traditional freeride bindings' according to the marketing blurb.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are Dukes/Barons actually TUV certified to take ISO Touring boots? I know you can fit em in, but at your own risk, etc.

Rumour has it that Salomon are considering a new boot sole standard for non-rockered touring boots that would be a bit more strictly defined than the current ISO Touring norm and so easier to make certifiable bindings for. I guess time will tell if they actually manage that and if anyone else makes compatible kit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So if i bought a pair of guardian bindings would they work with my normal alpine boots?

I'm looking to buy a pair to use with the intention of trying touring but not going crazy with new boots just going to stick touring bindings on a pair of skis i already have
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nobody thought that skis would only accept one binding, but it came to pass.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1873Chris wrote:
So if i bought a pair of guardian bindings would they work with my normal alpine boots?

I'm looking to buy a pair to use with the intention of trying touring but not going crazy with new boots just going to stick touring bindings on a pair of skis i already have

Yes, as would Fritschis, Barons and Dukes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rambotion, Same as the Markers,Fritschis etc. This is neither new or unusual

The warning clearly states!

Alpine ski boots compliant with ISO 5255 standard

AND

- Ski boots equipped with “WTR” technology” labeled kit of walking soles for touring skiing. Any use with other ski boots could cause the ski-binding-boot system to be faulty…

SO it is compatible with more than Salomon Boots, I think you should change the title of the thread then. rolling eyes If you think logically the Guardian and the Tracker are the same binding so does the Atomic tracker only take Salomon boots? Puzzled Puzzled

A whole lot of fuss about nothing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, +1, thread closed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy