Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

*** snowHeads Autumn Draw 2012 ***

Poster: A snowHead
I've been away. Whats happening? Is this to sort out who's sharing with who at the EoSB? Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its started as the annual prize draw thread and is now something to keep Snowheads amused now the prizes have been claimed!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt, spoilsport wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Standby number 17 drawn by geraldo (and the hamsters) is Stevegee666
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Standby number 18 drawn by jimmjimm (and the hamsters) is sarahayes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Standby number 19 drawn by VladIII (and the hamsters) is DawnP
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
bfg, There are over 33000 registered snowHead s don't hold your breath wink Laughing
Actually the pool for the "NotARealDraw" is limited to those who submitted correct entries in the Autumn Draw.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rather disappointed here - I could see myself on those Kneissel skis too Sad Oh, well I guess I can still ski on what I have. Well done, on a good job well done (in the finish wink!! ) admin,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Standby number 20 drawn by Timbobaggins (and the hamsters) is Nickski
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, There is a very strict rule, to ski Kneissl you must spell it correctly Twisted Evil wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Standby number 21 drawn by skiester (and the hamsters) is pistenbully
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!!!

Just received my PRIZE - a fantastic SURFANIC SKI JACKET. Cool Cool Cool

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looking forward to not receiving 1st prize in the 'Not so real Draw'. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Standby number 22 drawn by legue (and the hamsters) is ph
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Er, am I mising something or are some snowHead s upset that they didn't win?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
halfhand, I think you're missing something; some of us didn't understand how it worked and this little lot is a demo. It's explained a page or 2 back
ski holidays
Standby number 23 drawn by Raceplate (and the hamsters) is manticore
snow report
halfhand, A few of us spent hours sitting on Email accounts or monitoring the compitition thread because we don't usually spend the week before xmas on-line. As I was offline most of the day at the the office party, I even had to set-up email on my mobile phone so I could respond within the 24 hr deadline should I be fortunate to win anything, only to find the draw didn't even take place as advertised.

When it did eventually go ahead a week late, there was a bit of confusion to how some Snowheads had selected others to win, so an explanation was required. As a demo the random function was put up for SH to have a play with. Some of us are still waiting for our names to appear on any list. So it kind of makes you wonder?
latest report
WayneC wrote:

When it did eventually go ahead a week late, there was a bit of confusion to how some Snowheads had selected others to win, so an explanation was required. As a demo the random function was put up for SH to have a play with. Some of us are still waiting for our names to appear on any list. So it kind of makes you wonder?
Just what are you 'wondering' WayneC? Go on, spit it out then! rolling eyes

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 5-01-13 14:04; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Actually, on 2nd thought - don't bother. I'm not interested. It's perfectly clear what you're implying.

So the draw was done a few days late - big deal! There are perfectly good reasons for that but they're none of your business.
U had 24hrs to respond, not 24 minutes! So it's not my fault if u obsessed all thorough your office party - get a perspective!

We put a shit load of work into bringing in £5000 worth of stuff to give away totally for free; some of the sponsors have been extremely generous and you have the gall to imply impropriety because you didn't win rolling eyes

Doesn't matter how much U do for them for nothing - some people...
snow conditions
WayneC, I think that says more about the desparation to win rather than the fun of entering - and no it didn't make me wonder at all rather I was pleased for those who won.

........... and I think we should leave it there.
snow report
admin, Well said.

Honest to god, this thread showcases some of the most materialistic bad losers I've ever seen in my life. Aren't some of you lot evenly slightly embarrassed to be you? Jeez.

Quote:
A few of us spent hours sitting on Email accounts or monitoring the compitition thread because we don't usually spend the week before xmas on-line.

WayneC, May I respectfully suggest that you re-think your priorities in life? Better still... get one.
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots,
Quote:

May I respectfully suggest that you re-think your priorities in life? Better still... get one.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Please let me know when you're planning to be disrespectful. That should be excellent spectator sport!

I'd actually seen the post earlier and was so gob-smacked I couldn't think of a reply!
snow conditions
Laughing Pussy Whipped in Boots
snow report
Chasseur, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Is this a good time to brag about winning a holiday ? Puzzled
snow report
admin, i was wondering whether its worth ever bothering to enter any competitions, whether i'll ever be lucky, whether I even got the questions right, how long before I appear at random. Given randomness it might never. Given the relatively low numbers of Snowheads entrants to prizes I just hoped I might have slightly better odds than on the euromillions or lotto, but i didn't win that either. That doesn't make me a bad loser. Even one of the sponsors was 'a little concerned' over what was happening with draw. We were all wanting to make plans, buy gifts, book holidays and winning a prize might have made a bit of a difference to someone's Xmas as I intended to give them as gifts. The draw was over a week late, no matter how upset you get, and really its all about adveritising, not getting stuff for free is it?

I'd have let it lie but for Schuss in Boots, I've got a fine life thanks, but you might want to reconsider what's acceptable behaviour. When you have over 5000 replies on here, I might wonder who's spends the most time on here and who really needs to get a life.

Halfhand asked why the thread was so long and a few of us had been making light about how often we were checking in. not sure that is any more obsessed than all the other contributors that spend their spare time on here, some of them I'm sure are afraid to say anything in case they get shot down by the regulars.
latest report
WayneC,
Quote:

When you have over 5000 replies on here, I might wonder who's spends the most time on here and who really needs to get a life.

I think she's just good at multi-tasking. As am I. wink
ski holidays
Standby number 24 drawn by Scarpa (and the hamsters) is julied
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never mind obsessively checking emails at office parties, those poor hamsters haven't had much rest this festive season and they're still at it... But I just luvved the robo admin draws...
snow report
Standby number 25 drawn by Stu_ (and the hamsters) is jesus
snow conditions
Is anyone else bored with this Robo draw thing now? Will it go on till next Christmas? rolling eyes
latest report
maggi,
Quote:

Is anyone else bored with this Robo draw thing now?
Yes, but in fairness, you know what it is when Robo-admin is shown as the poster, so you can avoid clicking on it.
snow conditions
I don't get the Roboadmin thing - are names still being drawn for unclaimed prizes - do we need to PM admin with a choice of prize if our name comes up Puzzled
snow conditions
Megamum, no. And no.
ski holidays
maggi, thank you!! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Standby number 26 drawn by CharlotteJane (and the hamsters) is NeilMeredith
snow conditions
Standby number 27 drawn by Ray Zorro (and the hamsters) is WayneC
snow report
Wish I knew wtf was going on Confused
snow report
This is better than the SCGB thread...... Laughing
latest report
Robo-admin wrote:
Standby number 27 drawn by Ray Zorro (and the hamsters) is WayneC

Tee-Hee Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

It's like rain on your wedding day (sorry couldn't resist) Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy