Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies .... Mammut or Norrona?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're not very good at Christmas surprises in our family so my daughter is dropping big hints that she wants a ski jacket in bright pink or plum from either Mammut or Norrona.
She is a pretty serious skier (who thinks she's a 12 but we know she's a 16)

Any of you girlie's got any views on the subject?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love the Norrona LOFOTEN shell jacket, bright pink, assymetric zip feature (no chin scratch!), but EXPENSIVE!!! The LOFOTEN goretex primaloft is available in Plum, really nice looking jacket but if she's busty she might not like the pockets on the chest which are very front and centre again EXPENSIVE. The LOFOTEN primaloft100 jacket is nice but probably not ideal as an outer except on dry days it is cheaper than the other two and deep pink.
There are some mammut jackets on amazon at the moment, cheaper than Norrona, the Pike jacket is available in plum but out of stock at the moment, I'm sure you could find it elsewhere, I'm not keen on the hood shape but your daughter might. The sunridge jacket is really nice, more purple than plum but again expensive.
Your daughter has expensive taste! If I was buying for myself I really like the LOFOTEN shell, it's zip is eyecatching and it has all the features I want. Close second would be the Mammut SUNRIDGE purely for the colour.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Norrona is THE brand of the moment. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski, .......... which is a good reason for buyng Mammut.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DrLawn, it's a lovely idea, but the points made by lilywhite are worth thinking about. I always find it essential to try on jackets - they really are not all the same shape, and they don't all fit well on different body types (apart from raw size). Some which look fine on the hanger (and even better on slim and pretty models in a catalogue) just look quite different on me (very standard size 12).

And if she thinks she's a 12, would she be offended by a 16? My son, now happily married for a good few years, nearly blew it on his wife's first post-wedding birthday. She was, at that time, probably a size 10-12. Not only did he do the classic man thing and forget till he was on his way home from work and stopped at a garage. He then bought what she insists was a bunch of dead flowers and a pair of size 16 pantyhose. Wasn't a success (though an expensive ski jacket is in an altogether different league, of course!).

Could you give her an IOU for a shopping trip, or would that just be too much of a let down on the day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DrLawn, pam w, makes a good point about sizing. If I buy a vest anywhere I am a standard size 16, some will look fitted, others baggy, some will just about reach to my belt others will be halfway down my butt. I think Norrona and mammut do s,m,l,xl rather than the uk 10,12 etc, if your girl is funny about her size she may well not be happy with opening a large or XL jacket on xmas morning!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you ladies for the great advice!

You're right my daughter has expensive tastes ... and live in Switzerland ... so I think money must be a relative thing to her .. she goes off with the other ladies who lunch and tells me its like "Footballers Wives". I almost feel sorry for her.

We've got a little time before Christmas to sort this out and we'll enjoy doing it.

Me & my misses are off down to London today to have a trawl around the Kensington ski stores ... (its just an excuse really)

If we end up buying her one of these jackets ... it will be more than we have ever spent on ourselves for ensembles.

Don't get the wrong idea that we are "drippingly well orf" ...but when it comes to skiing ... we just have to forget about the bills and enjoy.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll post back about what we find today.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard wrote:
Mollerski, .......... which is a good reason for buyng Mammut.

I was nearer D2B. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks pam w, & lilywhite,
We went around the Covent Garden end of town yesterday and didn't realise how many "outdoorsy"type shops there were there,
We saw all the Narroma gear there in Ellis's,

but as you suggested we'll have to get my daughter down there to try it on for size, the cut of these things seems to be more for very narrow hipped Scandinavian girlies than us dumpy "off shore" Europeans!

I tried on a pair of the guys pants from Norroma in Suck & Sea .... I'd have to ski on stilts to make the trousers fit. Shame because the colours were great!

Anyway we had a great time nosing around the shops and restaurants ... tourists in our own city!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in Ski 47 today in fulham, just switched to Norrona this year (and Scott as well - better value!!) - much more colour and jacket choice than the Ellis and S&R in covent garden in the Norrona range.

would suggest starting there first ...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers mishmash,

If I get a chance I'll try and get over there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy