Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two Jacket Comparison - Your Advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Could I please get some expert advice on which of these two jackets you'd recommend? Jacket'll be used primarily at Banff and Lake Louise for boarding and x-country skiing, so pretty chilly winter temperatures. Note though that I run pretty hot, and do of course plan to rock layers.

http://www.skis.com/Bogner-Fire-Ice-Benno-Mens-Insulated-Ski-Jacket-2013/291058P,default,pd.html?dwvar_291058P_SwatchValue=Red

http://www.burton.com/mens-3l-sentry-snowboard-jacket/276386,default,pd.html?start=9&cgid=mens-jackets

Any input is much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If your funding your trip by selling used cars then the Burton one. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Bogner one comes in red, and is therefore the best one.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha - it's more the warmth/brand quality and reputation I'm wondering about...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you've got that sort of money to throw around, you should look at Arcteryx or Patagonia or Norrona, all of whom have a well deserved reputation for making very practical kit that generally looks good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you run hot even in chilly temps you might be better with more layers and a shell rather than an insulated jacket
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
billybilo,

If it's a Russian Mafia goes skiing look that you're after, either would be perfect.

If you're looking for top end technical wear, take a look at Sierradh's brand suggestions. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Personally I would go for something differant altogether, your looking more for snow proof than waterproof so I would go for a shell jacket AND a puffy or down jacket that I could add or subtract as per weather. The Bognor jacket looks very fitted so awkward to layer and the other is just horrid IMHO.
BTW I too run hot, January in Banff is wicked cold! Having said that I had a cheap aldi shell, puffy jacket, micro fleece and aldi base-layers and was fine apart from when we got stuck on a very windy chair at sunshine for twenty minutes, no frostbite or hypothermia but needed a hot choc and boots off, toes in front of fire break for another twenty minutes or so.
Glove liners are a must, plus vaseline for lips/nose. It was hovering around -35c the entire fortnight we were there. It wasn't so much an issue on the mountain as walking around the town at night that we felt cold. On the three days the temp crept up I was happy to be able to shed the puffy. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
billybilo, gotta be the 'Trapper' one Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
billybilo, have to agree with comments above; don't like either of them. So if you're hoping to impress any old aged pensioners on your trip, I'd have a look at something a bit more technical and understated. wink

Quote:

If it's a Russian Mafia goes skiing look that you're after, either would be perfect.

Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
billybilo,

So which one did ya go for? Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy