Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mittens for Jnr.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yound Sideways_Jnr is learning to ski in January and is a bit of a tinker when it comes to wearing gloves... or even putting them on, Mittens worked a bit better last season but he's outgrown them.

Anyone got any good suggestions for kids ski mittens which are easy to get on and off for a 3 year old?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aldi and Lidl ones have always kept my kids happy and cheap enough to have a few spare pairs for when they loose them or get them so wet without leaving the hotel you think they have been swimming in them!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure we bought our 3 year old some Zog mittens from ellis brigham, goretex affairs and very easy for him to get on and off.

We bought gore tex because he was going throgh a stage of chewing gloves so figured they would be better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good tip on having a spare pair though, we also got him some gloves for at night/playing in the snow etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Decathlon seem to do a good range when we have needed them. Wow their website sucks!!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/Buy/mittens
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sport direct had little kids mitts the other day, might have been No Fear? about £3 if memory serves, deffo take a couple of pairs at least.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just bought the girls some No fear mittens from Sport direct, hubby had the girls in the toy store while I went in, As I wanted a propped look around. I bought the age 3-4 for my just turned 3yr old and age 5-6 for my 6yr old (as she isn't a big six yr old and can still fit nicely in stuff labelled age 5). When we met back up I couldn't get the 3-4yr old ones onto my youngest hands and although Ellie got the 5-6 in they were far too small so the bit which should be covering your wrist just about reached the heel of her hand. Thankfully I had no trouble exchanging the 3-4 for XS in the girls and paying the difference. Quality wise they look / feel pretty good it is just the sizing which is completely potty.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was on Lidl yesterday and bought gloves, snow boots, sallys and 2 rollneck tops - all passed Jnrs rigourous quality control test except the gloves (he especially likes the boots as they have tigers on them, despite being "ittle bit big")
I did check but no mitts in at Lidl atm. Will investigate Decathlons sucky website, EB and sports direct.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Richard, we've got Didriksons Biggles mitts - http://www.funkyrascal.co.uk/biggles-kids-mittens-aw12-didriksons/

For his age, the size 2/4 should do the job, unless like my son, he has massive hands, in which case go for 4/6. They come with cords and clips to attach to the inside of the jacket sleeve if it comes equipped with clips or loops.

We're taking our 2 skiing this winter for the first time (4 & 6) and they'll be kitted head to foot in Didriksons!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just found Chloe a really nice pair of long gauntlet style mitts in Takky Max
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs Sideways here continuing the blasted glove hunt - thanks for that grazzenger, will have to check them out and maybe bite the bullet on 30 quid for 2 pairs of gloves (ones bound to get lost or trashed!). Sports Direct was a joke - the age 2-3 ones hardly fitted and the next size they had was about age 10! Lidl's didn't go small enough, Decathlon is about a million miles away. Actually maybe shouldn't complain at Sports Direct too much - did buy him some base layers and the box with the long johns in had 2 pairs in by genuine mistake, nothing like a bit of big company fleecin to brighten your day a little bit Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ago 5-6 ones fit Keira nicely if you can find them in stock and from memory they were only £2.99 so be worth it as a spare pair
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fab, thanks Nikky! Where are you and the girls off to this year? We're off to St Anton in January - Jnr is thankfully now dry so will be in spritelets and is very cross he's not there yet as wants to get out and ski already, he did also say he wants to snowboard like daddy but am ignoring that! Littlest Sideways who caused all the morning sickness in Courchevel 2 years ago will be causing havoc in the nursery - he's in training to be a rugby player at only 16 months!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just found a nice pair of Hestra gloves for junior on fleabay. Very cheap and miles better than the C&A / Mountain Warehouse type stuff.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
always29, We're going to the same place as you but not until April, Richard has promised to let us know what it is like. It feels like such a long way off at the moment. Keira will be in spritlets and Ellie a sprite and they're both very excited they like pouring over the brochure and arguing over which children "they" are. Keira is also especially looking forward to throwing snowballs at me, when I asked if I would be allowed to throw one back I got told "No".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy