Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ghetto liftshare from Poole - possible & worth it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just wondering whether this is worth the hassle and the likelihood of finding people to go with me.

I live in Poole. I was thinking of taking the ferry across as a foot passenger to Cherbourg, taking food with me and getting one way hire from there and then... staying in a tent! Severe moneysaving... I know I know, I've stayed outside before.

The only thing is,
would I really be able to find people to go with me (4 or 9 seater) seeing as they would need to get to Poole by public transport and I also wasn't intending to share a Challay.

However, the bus is 156GBP return, which is about the same as the car one way and then you have fuel and people will want to get there quick so you'd have the Peage too. I guess an all inclusive deal to Bulgaria makes more sense as a singleton?

On the other hand, by driving you can bring a lot of your own food, a tent/massive sleeping bag, skis & boots, avoid the irritating baggage fees and no airport annoyance. I would also prefer to be able to chat to people on the way rather than a bus where I think that isn't going to be the same.

Whatta thunk?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easier to get an extra job for a week and pay a single supplement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm alright for cash, I just like a challange and the possibility of getting a deal. Just buying a ticket to Bansko seemed just a bit too easy Neh Neh
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy