Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with worst cheese

Poster: A snowHead
Corky, no, you're probably slim and, because I absolutely love good cheese, I'm not. (Though these days I only buy cheese when I'm entertaining. Sad )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica wrote:
these days I only buy cheese when I'm entertaining

Pedantica, when I read that, I suddenly got this mental image of a clown Puzzled Laughing

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
musher wrote:
Spyderman,

What about a salad or a sandwich? Works for me.

Cheese as a component or flavour in a dish is very different to eating cheese as a standalone course.
If I eat cheese on its own it has to be good
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica wrote:
Mr Piehole, I detest all smoked cheeses, apart from mild Applewood Cheddar.

so you don't detest all smoked cheeses? Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ansta1 wrote:
Pedantica wrote:
Mr Piehole, I detest all smoked cheeses, apart from mild Applewood Cheddar.

so you don't detest all smoked cheeses? Very Happy

I do.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Furano - home of squid ink brie
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1, ?
I detest all smoked cheeses, with one exception.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so you don't detest all smoked cheese? Just being clear here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ansta1, sorry if I'm being thick, but I just don't see what you're getting at. I think I've made myself perfectly clear. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smell my cheese.

A haaaaa
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kooky, The restuarant served it two ways, with onion and vinegar and also smeared with butter, odd but strangely nice.
Pedantica, To be honest I'm not sure Applewood Cheddar counts as real cheese.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robapplegate, dunno, the only one I've eaten was in Somerset, made locally, and I verily believe it was a good cheddar, very, very lightly smoked. I thought it was nice. But every other smoked cheese I've tried looked and tasted like a cross between fudge and rubber. spoo
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Piehole wrote:
Pedantica wrote:
Don't know any Austrian cheeses.

Shamed like, and taste like, cigars.

Clearly I meant to type 'shaped'.

But 'shamed' is fine too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surely no discussion of world cheeses would be complete without mentioning the wonderful Australian cheeses such as Tasmanian Brie, as promoted by that famous Chairman of the Australian Cheese Board, Sir Les Patterson.....

http://youtube.com/v/HOv24zm4Y6I&feature=player_detailpage

Toofy Grin
snow report
musher wrote:
Anywhere outside Derbyshire?
Well at least they are starting to make stilton in Hartington again, no other cheese needed now!
ski holidays
Got to get your gums round some Casu Marzu.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
snow report
Snow Hound, I do wish I hadn't clicked on the link. spoo spoo spoo
snow report
It's only a matter of time before someone starts a thread seeking the resort with the worst WÜRST. I'd vote for France; never have found a decent French sausage.
ski holidays
^ *snigger*
snow conditions
pam w,

Don't go there Shocked
ski holidays
Snow Hound, Luvverly grub. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Most cheese found in the US is acutally engineered from by-product from the petro-chemical industry and residue from spraytan booths.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
It's only a matter of time before someone starts a thread seeking the resort with the worst WÜRST. I'd vote for France; never have found a decent French sausage.

Literally yesterday as I was putting my coat on to get in the car for the weekly shop, I said to Mrs Wifehole "shall we actually just stop buying sausages altogether?" and she said yes.

Sad face.

When I go back to the UK I am going to eat more sausages, upwards-of-1mm-thick bacon and decent non-bleach-containing bread than anyone ever before in history.
latest report
I was offered raspberry flavoured cream cheese to put on a bagel in Snowbird.
snow conditions
Quote:

decent non-bleach-containing bread

Puzzled Puzzled French bread is one of the things I look forward to most!
snow conditions
Well we have finally found a baker who makes a palatable loaf, but we've had to chew through an awful lot of gum-shreddingly overbaked peroxide-white chemical flavoured crap to get there.

Also supermarket bread. Can you buy what is recognizable as a 'loaf of bread' in France? No. It's like the USA. Harry's Flavourless Sandwich Baked Gunge is pretty much all that's on sale. With the crusts cut off.
latest report
Quote:

French bread is one of the things I look forward to most!

I suspect it's adulterated less than the average supermarket "standard white" offering here. There are some very good local bakers round my place in France, including a superlative "artisanal" one using only sourdough - though I rarely make it down to the market where she sells it. I eat quite a lot of bread, but I make at least 90% of what I eat, both here and in France.

The standard French baguette has about the worst GI of any bread you can eat - that's why you can eat four yards of it without noticing. Though any bread made entirely with wheat (even wholemeal) has a poor GI.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Can you buy what is recognizable as a 'loaf of bread' in France? No.

I just don't understand why you'd want to! On the other hand, I've never been outside the UK for an extended period of time, so I don't really know what tricks that plays on your mind.
snow report
Live here for 6 months and you'll be hankering so hard for a sliced Hovis Granary that you'd kill to get one.
snow report
In fact I've heard a rumour that the Al-Hilli family were murdered by a local man who'd been told they had a boot full of Sainsbury's Taste The Difference multigrain.
snow report
Mr Piehole, get thee a sausage machine. Make your own. I have a bounty out for anyone who can get me the recipe for Crombie's "Special Breakfast".
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/27kM8rAxzB0&playnext=1&list=PLD5030F3B907E2351&feature=results_main ??
snow conditions
Arno wrote:

in the words of a friend of mine, "it smells like 1000 foreskins pulled back at once"

I'll hazard a guess that this is same friend who knows unnecessary detail about Sumo wrestlers' toilet protocol. wink
latest report
Pedantica, Apologies, I assumed you meant that generic orange smothered one available from all good supermarkets.
Re: Bread, surely this thread is being hijacked, start a new one or I'll get confused what I'm meant to be talking rubbish about.
Artisan cheesemakers do exist in USA, try the organic supermarket in Asheville NC, pricey but very nice.
snow report
No mention yet of that canadian favourite of cheesy chips and gravy a.k.a. poutine!
snow report
sophster, yuck - tried it once, never again!
snow conditions
Vladimir Cheesychipsandgravy. That well known Russian head of state.
snow report
Mrs M likes cheesy chips. I love cheese and I quite like chips, but not together. Gravy should be condemned to the culinary dustbin where it belongs. That is about the only thing the French have right about cooking, a hatred of English "brown sauce".
ski holidays
Well, for those people who like cheese with other foods there's always cheesy peas:

http://youtube.com/v/Jv60cnNSW7Q

Toofy Grin

Amazingly, it seems the Americans have their own version:

http://youtube.com/v/qAzjartJlzU

Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy