Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with worst cheese

Poster: A snowHead
Got to be Verbier for me.

Very disappointing, only half of it was actually cheese, the rest was fresh air. I felt like I was being ripped off. Not going back to Switzerland. Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a satellite village of Valloire that specializes in 'donkey cheese'. That's go to be a contender.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure what I was expecting but the Fromagerie restaurant in Tignes le Lavachet unbelievably absolutely stank of cheese!!! Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oldmike wrote:
Not sure what I was expecting but the Fromagerie restaurant in Tignes le Lavachet unbelievably absolutely stank of cheese!!! Shocked

in the words of a friend of mine, "it smells like 1000 foreskins pulled back at once"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
moffatross, Wyndham, NY state.

Why is this called "Swiss"?

Because it has holes in it.

Is it from Switzerland?

This is New York, what do you think?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure the 'worst cheese applies' but certainly the most on a week at P@V in La tania with Crystal. I think we had a cheese dish almost every night one way or another.

We were pretty much cheesed out by day 4 but stuck at it till day 6....

I still have nightmares and I like cheese.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1, That's the french alps for you...every dish a differnt combination of cheese, ham and maybe bread. If you're lucky.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Arcs. 40 of us went out for raclette there and the whole restaurant reeked of cheese, oddly enough.

A few of us didn't like raclette cheese, so we ordered some other dish. Turned out it was made with the same cheese Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ischgl, they even played Europe "Final Countdown".

Oh, not that sort of cheese...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

A few of us didn't like raclette cheese, so we ordered some other dish

Deviants like you deserve everything you get NehNeh
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Worst looking cheese is Grau Kase, found in the Zillertal. Looks like it's been dropped, kicked about then kneaded into a ball by a grubby child.
Tastes good though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, thing about Swiss cheeses is that they are all so boring the only thing you can do is cook them - hence fondue, raclette, etc. I have yet to find a Swiss cheese that I like to eat without melting it (though admittedly I've not been trying very hard).
On the other hand, I much prefer a delicious French cheese like Reblochon un-mucked-about-with. No, I don't like tartiflette.
Don't know any Austrian cheeses.
Arno, GROSS! spoo
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedantica, You haven't taszed a decent Gruyere then have you. Good Swiss cgeeses are awesomely good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anywhere outside Derbyshire?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ha ha reminds me when we spent Christmas in Vaujany a few years ago, we ate in a lovely little restaurant one evening, the smell of raclette/cheese was so strong our son, aged 6 at the time cried because it smelt so bad, we returned 3 years later and he said all his nightmares came true again!! Laughing
snow conditions
robapplegate wrote:
Worst looking cheese is Grau Kase, found in the Zillertal. Looks like it's been dropped, kicked about then kneaded into a ball by a grubby child.
Tastes good though.

There is a local Zillertal speciality made with that, Graukäse soup, which is very tasty. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
Pedantica, You haven't taszed a decent Gruyere then have you.
Actually I have - from La Fromagerie, possibly the best cheese shop in London - and found even that a bit boring.
ski holidays
Pedantica, Vacherin Very Happy
latest report
I saw a group of lads dressed as The Village People on the slopes if that counts.
latest report
Spyderman, bloody hell, is that Swiss? I've spent my whole life thinking it was French!
snow report
Pedantica, the Frenchies make it too, but the good stuff is indeed Swiss.
Vacherin Mont D'Or is from the Jura, there's also a harder version from Valais. Better than the French version. It's a Christmas necessity.
snow conditions
Quote:

robapplegate wrote:
Tastes good though.

There is a local Zillertal speciality made with that, Graukäse soup, which is very tasty.

You have to eat Graukase correctly, very thinly sliced with lots of even thinner sliced raw onion slices/spring onions, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, it is an unusual cheese I grant you, but it is delicious Madeye-Smiley

Pedantica, Try http://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Category:Austrian_cheeses, but basically any AlmKase will be superb, especially if it is made with heumilch.

Sorry worst cheese....not possible in my book unless you are talking about the Apres music......don´t start me off wink
latest report
Spyderman wrote:
Pedantica, the Frenchies make it too, but the good stuff is indeed Swiss.
Vacherin Mont D'Or is from the Jura, there's also a harder version from Valais. Better than the French version. It's a Christmas necessity.
I always get Mont d'Or. And although I spent quite a large portion of my childhood in the Valais, I don't remember eating it there. What's it called?
snow report
kooky, Sorry, but any cheese you've got to smother in onion, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for it to become edible is off of my list I'm afraid.
ski holidays
Spyderman, ah, a bit of Googling reveals it to be Fribourgeois, not Valaisan. Must try it some time.
ski holidays
Pedantica, Vacherin Fribourgeois is the harder Valais version.
latest report
Spyderman,

Nothing wrong with putting a bit of onion with a good cheese.
snow report
Spyderman, awww windy????? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:
Must try it some time.

Don't bother, it's not all that.
snow report
Jackson Hole - the cheese there was very bland.
ski holidays
http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelgroupie/4037205062/in/photostream YUM!!!! but it isn´t the most romantic thing to eat wink
latest report
American resorts that have Cheddar or Monterrey Jack only
snow report
American resorts that have Cheddar or Monterrey Jack only
snow report
sah, the US is not noted for good cheese. There are places where you can find artisan cheeses (I've eaten some in California) but I don't think it's that common.
snow conditions
kooky, different story for a cooked dish made with cheese.
ski holidays
kooky wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelgroupie/4037205062/in/photostream YUM!!!! but it isn´t the most romantic thing to eat wink
God, that looks truly vile. No way, Jose!
latest report
Spyderman,

What about a salad or a sandwich? Works for me.
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
Don't know any Austrian cheeses.

Shamed like, and taste like, cigars.
snow report
Mr Piehole, I detest all smoked cheeses, apart from mild Applewood Cheddar.
snow conditions
Not sure what it says about me but the thing I hate the very most in the whole of the world and then some is cheese, all of it and anything cooked with it. I'm not wrong am I?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy