Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glisshop - Online retailer

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought skis, bindings & poles online from Glisshop.

Tremendous range at very good prices.

Fantastic customer service.

Highly recommended.

http://www.glisshop.co.uk/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike Pow, oh dear. I've just found the skis I want - but don't need - on there. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They do look pretty good prices for most things. Wonder what the catch will be......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No catch in my experience.

Legit, branded equipment in mint condition.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've ordered from them before as well. No catch.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sounds good, was just wondering why I hadn't seen them referenced before on snowHead re other thread about snowinn, lots of good deals but on the face of it it seems customer service and meeting delivery deadlines isn't high on their agenda. That was the only reason for asking. But if they are not new to the block and have good reports, whats not to like.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just thought I'd mention that although the website is .co.uk they are based in France so I'd guess a bit like snowinn returns might not be straight forward.
However they do have some tempting offers. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not entirely sure how useful my experience is as i live in france so not so appicable to everyone on here

Bought my skis from them last year, great deals on last season stuff, only issue i had was that there binding mounting was a bit gash, gave them the sole length but when they came had to readjust the binding and its kinda nearer its limit on adjustment (whilst keeping an acceptable forward pressure adjustement) so not sure it was drilled for exactly the right size (ps. don't know much about binding mounting but i'd always thought if you had the sole length you should be able to get it right without any more info) plus i was slightly unerved that they asked for the boot size in EU shoe size rather than mondo or sole length.... spoke to them on the phone as well and were pretty helpful once i was speaking to the ski guy rather than the snowboard guy who was struggling a bit with my ski questions (was in French so can't comment on how helpful they'd be if you weren't french speaking)

overall i'd use them again but might look into other options for binding mounting, but even if it came to it, think id risk that again aswell

ps yes can confirm they are france based
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've bought some stuff from them before, no complaints. They have at least one member of staff who speak excellent english, which makes things easier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow, what did you get?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Coreupt The Caspers skis for me

Rossignol Saphir 110 L Dark Sand bindings and Rossignol Temptation poles for my good lady.

Saved over 200 quid
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just received my Atomic Renu skis with Marker Jester Bindings from Glisshop.

Got an enormous discount but the package was a few seasons old. Very impressed with the customer service, price, and communication. Even though they're based in France they offer free postage to the UK (and they texted with an hour delivery slot!) and can email in English really well to answer any questions

Would happily use them again...just need to get on the slopes now!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ordered some skis for my daughter last week. They arrived yesterday (Thursday - should have been Wednesday, but the couriers sent them to the wrong depot leading to - not Glisshop's fault). I was called by a very friendly lady from Glisshop last week to confirm delivery details, which I thought was a nice touch - not something you get from many websites.

The skis are great - well packed and exactly what I expected to receive. My daughter will love them, and as for Glisshop, I'll be more than happy to buy from them again. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
was called by a very friendly lady from Glisshop last week to confirm delivery details, which I thought was a nice touch - not something you get from many websites.

I ski in France every year and I know this is a bit stereotypical but are we sure these guys are French Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hahahaha! I guess she was breaking the stereotype Layne. Wink
ski holidays
I bought skis from here at the end of last season - they were such a good price (much cheaper than anywhere else) that I could justify the purchase to myself - definitely didn't 'need' them and was originally thinking of cheap 2nd hand ones from eBay! I was also happy with the low postage cost - less than £10. They arrived quickly, well packaged and have been great in the snowdome so far - am looking forward to trying them on a proper slope in Feb.
snow report
Just taken delivery of a pair of Head Rev 80 Pro skis from Glisshop and saved myself a whopping £125 of the RRP, although I did get an extra 10% for Cyber Monday.

Order process, communication and delivery was spot on - highly recommended.
snow report
Another satisfied customer. I bought a pair of Dynafit TLT5s there for a good price, but they also offered (still offer?) free payment in 3 monthly installments, even for normal debit, not credt cards. For some odd reason didn't have it for cameras, otherwsie I would have got one as well...
snow report
Bump to the thread,

i was suspicious of glissop, did some online research and then went for it.

New skis and Bindings, mounted and shipped in less than 6 days.
All in, I paid less for Skis, Bindings and shipping than i would for the Ski Only in the UK.

Satisfied customer Smile

would (will) use these guys again.
latest report
I ordered a pair of Scott Fly'air's back in November. I ordered them at 09.00am. They arrived next day and they were free delivery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy