Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with worst apres?

Poster: A snowHead
musher wrote:

How about Mottaret for a disapointing evening?

I have had some great evenings in Mottaret, I found the company in the Tabac brilliant, beers cheap, and you could get pizzas from next door for almost no money. There were no English people at all , the bar man always insisted on getting a round in for his token friendly "English" and all in all could not ask for more.

The live lesbian snogging show was just a bonus.

The night club was a bit quiet, but not big bucks and again pretty friendly.

If you really needed an evening with loads of people called Justin and Tarquin waffling on about equity swaps loudly Meribel was only a bus ride away.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^ don't forget La Petit Danois! The Moris is ace.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 9-11-12 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
If you really needed an evening with loads of people called Justin and Tarquin waffling on about equity swaps loudly Meribel was only a bus ride away.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhound wrote:
Chasseur, Yeti now apartments, that's a shocker, is that recent? We've had some cracking nights in the Yeti over the years, last one couple of years ago or so? Am thinking Cheezy Choones, shots, some pink stuff they 'forced' down us..... Sad Sad Sad

A few years ago now....5, maybe 6. The main seasonaires haunt, which guaranteed some messy evenings Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlpineAddict wrote:
oofaafuu, I am going to disagree in part to this one... The village is very spread out but I can recall (or not as the case might be) having a couple of great bar crawls and grooving in the 'very' germanic apres bars...

Can't remember the name of the bar but the one with the wooden helter skelter slide into it is decent night...

I'm going to have to disagree too - had a few quality nights out there. Is there another bar with a helter skelter? 4 years ago, the one I visited had a copper slide that propelled you at speed straight towards the bar, taking oout anything in your path.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Canazei
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The slide at Foxy's was copper not timber. I have a few photos....somewhere (taken before we had digital cameras!)
Had some great nights in there dancing on the benches
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
briand6868 wrote:
Fattes13, Was going to say Kilternan - but it has no apres let alone the worst ! Skullie

It used to!!...I can remember back in the day, going up there for a blem of Thursday, into the Hotel bar afterwards for "1 or 2" and then falling out of Club Apres at 4 am....then going to work at 07:30 am....ah those youthful days.

As for quiet resorts, I never really had a quiet French or Italian one....the one I found the most quiet was Zell Am See....even Crazy Daisys was very sedate.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Trouble is I only get this kind of Apres on solo trips as my ski-gang insist on table-dancing to euro-trash while consuming innumerable liquid nitrogen cocktails from 3.30pm until the next morning.

^ where's this!? Can I come?

I claim it is Lancaster with skiing at Pendle. When do I collect my prize?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dazman wrote:

As for quiet resorts, I never really had a quiet French or Italian one....the one I found the most quiet was Zell Am See....even Crazy Daisys was very sedate.
The Crazy Daisy was absolutely rocking back in 1996
We went back in 2000 and it was dead/empty.

The same can be said of Sauze d'Oulx nowadays - 1997/8 the Andy Capp was rocking till the wee small hours with drunken people still in their ski boots/suits.

The mafia moved in prior to the Turin winter Olympics and sanitised the place - shame really, it was so shoddy as to be great Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crazy Daisy's was disappointingly dead when we were in Zell as well, that was in January last year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi there, If you're looking for the best places to apres ski please take a look at www.snowangel.co.uk we're the ultimate apres ski guide for Europe, Canada and the US. We've got a searchable, content website so you can pick which resort you want to find info on and there's even more specific options like best places for dinner, straight from the slopes apres and even child friendly bars and restaurants. There's photos and videos and even a map for each...plus contact details too so you can book in advance! Enjoy! Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Meribel Mottaret used to be quiet and Flaine used to be a two hotel base. Haven't been for years so may have changed. Generally France the quietest and Austria the busiest -but never been to Andorra or Bulgaria so don't know what they are like.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SamCope, not a bad website. Unfortunately funky chicken and platzl no longer exist in st Anton. Oh, and thanks for using my YouTube clip at griabli Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boabski wrote:
SamCope, not a bad website. Unfortunately funky chicken and platzl no longer exist in st Anton. Oh, and thanks for using my YouTube clip at griabli Very Happy
. No doubt the invoice is in the post Laughing Laughing

Actually one of the worse was the Mooserwirt. Gotta go for the "experience" and skiing back to town when plastered but for drinking beer and swapping yarns about the day's skiing or even for dancing around in your ski boots it's a waste of time, a victim of its own reputation I'm afraid. The Moose is ticked off the bucket list but I'm in no hurry to do it again. Much better to go to Griabli. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
halfhand, agree 100% re moos. It's such a cliche nowadays (and probably has been for years) but a must for 1st timers.
ski holidays
Cairngorm Mountain. The one and only bar at the bottom was shut by 5 pm on the best Saturday of the season this year. We were gagging for a pint or two and had to drive back to the Youth Hostel 4 miles down the road for a beer - the next refreshments being somewhat further away in Aviemore...
latest report
SamCope, in fact, can I withdraw my comments. Your website has a lot of errors and omissions in it. No nikkis stadl for ischgl and quite a few good bars missing from st Anton and a couple that are now closed. You've also got one of the places located in Alpbach for some reason. Hope you find my comments constructive rather than dismissive as I think you've got the basis of a good site. Let me know if you want me to be your après correspondent for st Anton Very Happy
snow conditions
SamCope wrote:
Hi there, If you're looking for the best places to apres ski please take a look at www.snowangel.co.uk we're the ultimate apres ski guide for Europe, Canada and the US. We've got a searchable, content website so you can pick which resort you want to find info on and there's even more specific options like best places for dinner, straight from the slopes apres and even child friendly bars and restaurants. There's photos and videos and even a map for each...plus contact details too so you can book in advance! Enjoy! Smile

Had a look at Val d'Isere out of interest. The review of La Folie Douce is wrong because it's describing the one in Val Thorens, and you've nicked a photo I took of the interior of the Moris pub! I assume you pinched it from my review of the Moris on Trip Advisor.

Oh, and Bananas burnt down, so that needs to be removed.
ski holidays
Panorama
ski holidays
One person's worst can be another person's best. It rather depends what you are looking for...
snow report
Piccadilly wrote:
Crazy Daisy's was disappointingly dead when we were in Zell as well, that was in January last year.

I also found that. I think everyone who likes a bit of après has migrated to Saalbach Hinterglemm not far away. Schmittenhoehe is lovely for skiing - better than Skicircus in many ways but is now way way below Saalbach Hinterglemm for après. Shame
snow conditions
^ that's exactly where we've migrated to, can't wait!
snow report
Surely, I can't be the only person to vote for Porté Puymorens?
Great skiing tho...
ski holidays
Piccadilly wrote:
SamCope wrote:

Had a look at Val d'Isere out of interest. The review of La Folie Douce is wrong because it's describing the one in Val Thorens, and you've nicked a photo I took of the interior of the Moris pub! I assume you pinched it from my review of the Moris on Trip Advisor.

Oh, and Bananas burnt down, so that needs to be removed.

Isn't it still open, with some sort of a makeshift roof made of black bin liners?
latest report
Pila
latest report
I've never been but La Grave can't exactly be a great place for a few beers.
snow conditions
RobW wrote:
One person's worst can be another person's best. It rather depends what you are looking for...

Absolutely - Val D-Isere for example, is terrible - all shouting English drunks and vomit. Or Whistler, which is pretty much the same thing these days. Check out the taxi loop at midnight for all the fun of fresh English vomit.

I can get that any night of the week at home, thanks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flaine really that bad??

As im 20 and went to Malia last year not looking for that mental, just a few decent bars!!

Too flaine or not to Flaine Puzzled
ski holidays
St. Anton - always runs out of beer when I'm in town Toofy Grin Oh and hardly any birds ...
ski holidays
beeryletcher, Plenty of both 2 years ago wink Laughing
latest report
Valloire, went in the Irish bar on new years eve and it was empty. Has some half decent restaurants though.
ski holidays
Dizin - in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Skiing can be great but the apres is non existent. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Dubaian wrote:
Dizin - in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Skiing can be great but the apres is non existent. Twisted Evil
We have a winner!
ski holidays
After skiing in Dizin

a wise man offers

to get the Beerzin
snow conditions
Tumbleweed can often be spied rolling along the town square in my town (Radstadt)... Lots of places to go which are what you make of them but banging 'apres' it is not...
But.. what is 'apres' for the Austrians it is quite literally the point that the lifts shut until you go home for dinner. In the larger areas where the lifts end in the town then you can expect to boogie in your boots until the Sun comes up...
latest report
pam w, ...............that's almost a skiing haiku.
snow report
ladtalk wrote:
Flaine really that bad??

As im 20 and went to Malia last year not looking for that mental, just a few decent bars!!

Too flaine or not to Flaine Puzzled

Flaine is absolutely dead. Great skiing, very little apres.
snow report
St Anton. I missed my dinner and had a terrible headache after dropping in the Mooserwort for a swift half. wink
snow report
ladtalk, Flaine is pretty quiet, in fact really quiet but agreed has excellent skiing. Couple of pubs, couple of restaurants.
For post apocalypse quiet, mine is Katschberg in Austria. Only one shop apart from ski wear. 2 pubs. On piste, saw 3 men having it large on their own, all week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy