Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best "unknown" resort in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
skimastaaah wrote:
kitenski wrote:
Yad Moss.

£45 full season lift pass.......... Laughing

Yup all signed up and delivered Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Semnoz in Annecy was a nice surprise - tiny resort but great for a day out and the views are amazing. I think a day pass was like 12 euros...
Also La Clusaz and Grand Bornand is great , of course many would know them already...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lenzerheide, Arosa, Kamui, Hakuba Cortina
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, see... you there then............................ who else has skied Kvamskogen then???????????

As I thought.............. the best 2 skilift complex of Norway's Bergen to Oslo hiway............
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ive never had better skiing in Europe than in *********-**-******* and ****** but if i had to choose one it'd definitely be *********.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alleghe and the Civetta ski area, Italian Dolomites...80km of wonder!!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 9-11-12 1:49; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Warth in Austria, with 11m of snow in an average season, it's the snowiest resort in the Alps, but still hardly known. Next year it will be linked by a new gondola into Lech-Zurs and the Arlberg which will expand the ski area from 68km to 340km

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
luigi, Great photos - specially Warth. On my list to visit soon.
Have you been in San Martino - part of Dolomiti Superski? I've seen photos somewhere and it looks nice as well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Warth looks awesome!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi, Warth is the best suggestion yet (most of the others mentioned are fairly well kinown IMO)

I'm going to add Kals am Grossglockner - small but perfectly formed under Austria's highest mountain. Got about 5500 vertical, mostly north facing, with off piste that's all yours. Stay in the little hamlet of Grossdorf and the lift goes straight out of the village. Had a lightening visit there once and I'm going to make an effort to go back.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Got about 5500 vertical,
Feet presumably, not metres?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Got about 5500 vertical,
Feet presumably, not metres?

I assume he's taking skiing rather than parachuting. Laughing

Biggest vertical drop in the World in Chamonix with 2,807m
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 to Civetta area luigi.

Great pic of Warth too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Spyderman, yes, I never went metric.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1. How about Berwang in the Zugspitze arena? High resort with good snow record and lots of easy blue slopes. You can also ski the nearby resorts of Lermoos and Ehrwald. Think berwang used to be covered by Crystal a few years ago but not anymore

2. I Suppose you could also add the SKi amade resorts of Flachau, Wagrain and Zauchensee. None of these are covered by British tour ops although you can now go to Alpendorf nearby.

3. An lastly the Alta Pusteria region of the Dolomites. Around 77km of slopes accessible from the resorts of San Candido, Sesto and Moos. And if you have a car, Kronplatz is nearby
snow conditions
jimmybog wrote:
How about Berwang

http://youtube.com/v/qjOZtWZ56lc
ski holidays
Quote:

you could also add the SKi amade resorts of Flachau, Wagrain and Zauchensee.

they get plenty of coverage on Snowheads, but then the collective experience of SHs goes a lot wider than the TOs do.
latest report
Seeing as we've gone beyond the Alps,

Popova Shapka, Macedonia
Brezovica, Kosovo
Savin Kuk and Kolasin, Montenegro

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/jan/04/balkans-skiing-snowboarding-resorts
snow report
If we are going beyond the Alps, Voss in Western Norway is pretty good for offpiste sking.
ski holidays
Kreischberg (Austria) is a lovely little resort. No Brits there, amazing piste grooming considering its size (only 30km of pistes) and some great runs. Lacks apres but is incredibly reasonably-priced. It's also near enough to some bigger resorts for days out (Turracher and Obertauern). Worth a go for a cheap DIY break.
snow report
Braunwald, Kanton Glarus, CH...........even though they've replaced the legendary Gumenbahn (with another back to back 2 person chair).

Bichlalm area in Kitzbuhel.
snow report
luigi, Shhh re Warth wink

Sonnenkopf also, but really poor snow, busy and slow lifts, dont anyone EVER go there! Cool
snow conditions
Quote:

Had a damn good day at the Zwolferhorn.

so did I, but it was in August in about 1962. We walked up with an Austrian friend and stopped for lunch at the most perfect "Heidi's Grandfather" chalet, where we were given milk fresh from the cows, dark bread and speck. A magical day.
ski holidays
Upper Bavaria

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62376
ski holidays
Ah nearly forgot Mauterndorf in Austria. Several hills to ski on and Obertauern just up the road if the snow conditions are poor locally. Also cheap accomodation in Mauterndorf itself, picteresque village and hardly any queues at the lifts
latest report
Mike Pow, shhhhhh don't tell everyone about my backyard please! Laughing
ski holidays
Snigger
latest report
sah wrote:
Some serious answers:

Krippenstein

We ran across Krippenstein many years ago on a wander around that part of the Austrian Alps when living in Munich. O-P at the top and an incredibly long, empty piste down to the cable car which was our own private race track for the day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't know how unknown it is, but it's small enough most people would ignore it - Nordkette. I've spent many weeks skiing this area over the last three years, and not bored yet.

Main part of the ski area (not my photo):

Short promo vid I just came across on Facebook:

http://youtube.com/v/24j_B8Tkt5E&feature=youtu.be

Best of all it's literally my backgarden...

Not enough kilometres of piste for snowheads though Laughing

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 10-11-12 18:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Warth looks rad, will have to check it out soon!
latest report
luigi, Warth looks and sounds amazing Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy