Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

E111s. What are they?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry, probably pretty ignorant but what are they?

What are they for?

Where do I get one?

Isn't my insurance enough?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now called the European Health Insurance Card
www.ehic.org.uk
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Leuzzi, The E111 is the reciprocal medical services document (now a card) that enables you to obtain healthcare in EU countries and Switzerland. You can get an application form from a Post Office. It gives you access to the same level of healthcare as the residents of the country you are visiting. If you have insurance, you can often get your policy "excess" waived in the event of a healthcare claim, if you use an E111.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Now called the European Health Insurance Card

Thank you, forgot what it was now called Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny,

You recommend it then?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, it's free, so I can't see any reason why not to have it. I don't think it is sufficient cover for skiing holidays, but as snowbunny said, it might reuce any excess payments on your holiday insurance.

I used the online ordering system at the website in my previous post; the card arrived a couple of days later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi, Yes. It's yours as a right, you have already paid for it within your taxes, and it may save you money, if you need medical care, by reducing your insurance excess. I see no disadvantages to having one Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Leuzzi, Some insurance companies insist that you have it and try to use it before they'll look at your claim. It takes no time at all to get hold of, so you should grab one just for the peace of mind.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

I used the online ordering system at the website in my previous post; the card arrived a couple of days later.

Mr S. had a similar speedy service. Left him momentarily speechless at the efficiency displayed. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Mr S. had a similar speedy service. Left him momentarily speechless at the efficiency displayed. wink

Yes, I was amazed as well. Not really what you expect from a faceless bureaucracy with 'European' in the title!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
homphomp, is right. BE WARNED! Having an E111/European Health Insurance Card is a condition of many policies - a fact not exlained by a lot of Travel Policy vendors/Travel Agents.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy