Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

choose one place you've been skiing you'd go back to tomorrow...

Poster: A snowHead
Had a good couple of hours in the dome today, but it's got me longing for the real deal again.

If u could return to somewhere you've been to ski before, where would it be?

For me, lake Louise. Miss that place very much.

Bring on the season! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arlberg.

But having just seen Skyfall (luckily found an English showing, James Bond speaking German would be sacrilege), I'm really missing Scotland. The Etive valley is just so Be Nice please! gorgeous.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The question is too hard - I'd return almost anywhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Almost same as laundryman, everywhere except L2A.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't care as long as it's got snow and I'm with family or good friends.
Scrub that, just snow would do Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Assuming we're not being too strict on the "tomorrow" bit (not been following the weather thread closely enough to know where has snow right now wink )...

Think it would be a toss up between St Anton (still haven't really explored the off piste) and Asahidake in Japan. But provided I can have a set of skins then Asahidake wins...just one lift and not all that steep (I'm no good at it anyway), but so little piste and so much obvious interesting terrain, and so few people that whichever way you turn it feels as much like you're exploring the backcountry as just finding a new route back to the cable car. I can still remember the sound of the quietness.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are Sweden is the stand out. The only place I wouldn't bother with again unless it was free or literally all I could afford in Borovets Bulgaria.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Alps? Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would love to go back to Santa Caterina too, actually. Learnt to ski there, would love to see what it's like now, and check out the offpiste.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Somewhere with real snow, it's been that long, but as for specifics then it has to be Le Fornet in Val D'Isere during/after a massive dump (of snow) Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Radstadt Very Happy Oh wait a minute.... I am going back ... tomorrow plus 16 sleeps... t'was the fastest I could manage wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only been there unintentionally, trying to find a way to avoid an insane traffic jam. So it's one place I can't wait to return to to go skiing, but for the first time.

Quite like the idea of a return trip to Wengen too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Radstadt Very Happy Oh wait a minute.... I am going back ... tomorrow plus 16 sleeps... t'was the fastest I could manage wink

Calm down dear. wink Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For nostalgic reasons I would say Glenshee. Or Fieberbrunn - but I'm there anyhow. Otherwise the Dolomites come to mind, or the Hochkönig which I only really got to know last winter. Or Saalbach/Hinterglemm/Leogang - oh, there are so many!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Grave. If I were still fit enough - which I'm not.
ski holidays
geepee, Laughing

Actually, on a more serious note, the other place I would really like to go back to is Les Saisies, where I first learnt. I desperately want to know if that death defying blue run has got any shallower Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Pretty much anywhere in Austria, but after a day in Zermatt last season I'd love to go back there properly.
latest report
All of them really........... maybe not Alpe d'Huez, L2A also at the end somewhere.
snow report
nowhere in Austria, everywhere in France apart from 2Alps, Banff if they'd move the place a bit nearer than 16 hours travelling!
latest report
Zermatt.
latest report
Chamonix
latest report
Be happy to return to anywhere I've skied. If forced to choose I'd shortlist Niseko because it's so different, Sella Ronda because it's so pretty and Paradiski because the skiing has a bit of everything.
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots wrote:

Wait, there's actually a place called Rad Town??
ski holidays
Alagna
latest report
For me, it's the Dolomites.
snow report
E
clarky999 wrote:
Schuss in Boots wrote:

Wait, there's actually a place called Rad Town??

Radstadt was my first ski trip 30yrs ago, at tender age of 6. I wonder how much it has changed in that time.
I enjoyed skiing through trees, can't remember too much more. Would like to go back.
I don't think anyWhere I wouldnt go back to
Stand outs are val d'isere, les arc 1800, sauze d'oulx
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Learnt to ski there, would love to see what it's like now, and check out the offpiste.

Now you say that... I'd also love to go back to St Francois Longchamps as that was our first ever school ski trip after learning to ski. Have happy memories and would like to see if it's as fun as I remember.
snow report
1 place? Not possible for me.

I'd like to go back to AdH to ski (been lots of times, but only once to ski) I went there for my first week and only scratched the greens and a couple of easier blues. Would like to do the rest.

Les Arcs. We went for one of the warmest Easters. No skiing down to 1600, only one narrow strip of snow to get to 1800, so would like to go when there's more coverage and can explore a bit more.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Banff and Lake Louise if they'd move it closer, but TBH I'd go back to any of the places I've skied.
snow conditions
Lots of places. St Anton, perhaps? Oh yes, I forgot, I'm going there in 60 days. Yipee. . . . . and then Montgenevre . . . . and then Dolomites . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
(plus perhaps even a long snowheads weekend in Scotland)
ski holidays
I'm curious why L2A gets so much hate. I've been but it was my first trip so I couldn't really judge it fully, but apart from the infamous green run home it seemed good to me!
latest report
I've only been to a few places, but my heart is in Val Thorens. Luckily I seem to able arrange a regular visit Very Happy
ski holidays
hammerite wrote:

If you had to go tomorrow, you'd realistically only be able to go to one place. Stop avoiding the question people Laughing

You have the rest of your life to ski everywhere else. Where would you choose to go to tomorrow?
latest report
Everywhere other than Bansko. wink

The Val Gardena valley is like 'going home' to us complete with the 'aaaahhh' feeling. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 7-11-12 13:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
shoogly wrote:
hammerite wrote:

If you had to go tomorrow, you'd realistically only be able to go to one place. Stop avoiding the question people Laughing

You have the rest of your life to ski everywhere else. Where would you choose to go to tomorrow?

Well if I had to go tomorrow it'd be somewhere with a bit more snow than AdH has at the moment!

But assuming conditions were good it would be AdH. I'd just like to be able to ski more of the area.
snow report
Any of the Arlberg resorts
snow report
In the sense intended and assuming all conditions equal I'd probably go to Revelstoke or Kicking Horse although they have their flaws.
snow report
fatbob, Flaws? I'm looking at my next N.A. trip being Revelstoke + mystery resort (although that might turn out to be Banff for the O/H). What's wrong with Revvie?

For my one return, assuming it's baws deep I'd go for Fernie.
ski holidays
lilywhite wrote:
Are Sweden is the stand out. The only place I wouldn't bother with again unless it was free or literally all I could afford in Borovets Bulgaria.

What's wrong with Are? I've never been but quit fancied it when looking through brochures.
latest report
Although I'd happily return to any of the places I've been to, in the spirit of the OP's question, Serre Chevalier - always feels like "going home".
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy