Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol experience 83 open vs experience 83 tpx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy a pair of predominantly piste skis that won't struggle too much in powder for the upcoming season. The experience range has definitely caught my eye but i'm a little confused as to the difference between the open and the tpx versions..

http://buy-ski.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/rossignol/experience_83_open_l10_n_black_black-39158-39157-11256.html

http://buy-ski.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/rossignol/experience_83_tpx_axium_120_l_tpi2_dark_grey_brush-39161-39160-39152.html

It says on the website:
Interface
- TPX :
A new larger metal binding-to-plate interface increases torsional stiffness which translates to stronger performance and precision. A control beam combined with Twin VAS (Visco Material) that absorbs vibrations, facilitates rebound directing pressure to the extremities. The tool-free binding simply slides on the integrated TPX system for easy adjustment.

But what does this actually mean in layman's terms?

Also does anyone have any advice about the experience range (83v88)? I have also been looking at the Salomon Enduro RXT/XT 800..

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The open one is sold flat, so you will need to buy a binding and screw it to the ski

The one with the plate will be stiffer, and has an integrated binding sytsem that will adjust to all boot sizes. But you will be further off the deck, and so will be better suited to on piste, the other will be better suited to all mountain

Sorry quick summary, others will probably add
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carroz wrote:
The open one is sold flat, so you will need to buy a binding and screw it to the ski

The one with the plate will be stiffer, and has an integrated binding sytsem that will adjust to all boot sizes. But you will be further off the deck, and so will be better suited to on piste, the other will be better suited to all mountain

Sorry quick summary, others will probably add

So the TPX has some kind of slide plate on the mount? I guess making them heavier, why does the plate taking you further off the deck make it better / worse for piste / powder? Probably simple but I can't think :/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy