Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Fruiterie Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyonoe hav contact details, can't find anything online and want to see if we can get in over Christmas....

thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le télécabine de la Daille 73150 Val-d'Isère, France

04 79 06 07 17

2nd result on Google..

Not sure if anyone would be there though, you might have to wait a couple of weeks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piccadilly wrote:
Le télécabine de la Daille 73150 Val-d'Isère, France

04 79 06 07 17

2nd result on Google..

Not sure if anyone would be there though, you might have to wait a couple of weeks.

Thanks, I did google it and I got a load of Wiki links.

much appreciated, 2nd mortgage has been taken out for Christmas Dinner!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Standee,

This is the tel. no. for the La Fruitiere and Folie Douce restaurants:-

+33 47 9 06 01 47

Here's the Val d'isere website page:-

http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/en/village/restaurants_bars/restaurants

There's also an email link on this web page.

I find La Fruitiere very sterile (it was after all a dairy). I prefer the small Signal restaurant (above the self service one) at the top of the Le Fornet cable car station.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welshflyer wrote:
Standee,

This is the tel. no. for the La Fruitiere and Folie Douce restaurants:-

+33 47 9 06 01 47

Here's the Val d'isere website page:-

http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/en/village/restaurants_bars/restaurants

There's also an email link on this web page.

I find La Fruitiere very sterile (it was after all a dairy). I prefer the small Signal restaurant (above the self service one) at the top of the Le Fornet cable car station.

Been a while since I ate in there, but it was amazing, is the Signal as good?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Standee,

I've only been to the Signal once many years ago. Le Signal is small and a more intimate restaurant compared to La Fruitiere. Le Signal food isn't "fancy" but good wholesome local cuisine, you'll find locals in there.

Fruitiere - is supposed to be almost Michelin standard, but you can still order Spag. Bol. which is basically the same as that you get in the Folie Douce self service. The layout and decor is cold, the food OK but certainly not good value. If you want to impress someone it's the place to go.

I prefer the simplicity of Le Sachette in Breviere and L'Arolay in Le Fornet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
L'Armailly in Brevieres is also very nice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welshflyer wrote:
Standee,

I've only been to the Signal once many years ago. Le Signal is small and a more intimate restaurant compared to La Fruitiere. Le Signal food isn't "fancy" but good wholesome local cuisine, you'll find locals in there.

Fruitiere - is supposed to be almost Michelin standard, but you can still order Spag. Bol. which is basically the same as that you get in the Folie Douce self service. The layout and decor is cold, the food OK but certainly not good value. If you want to impress someone it's the place to go.

I prefer the simplicity of Le Sachette in Breviere and L'Arolay in Le Fornet.

Oh it's not to impress, believe me, when I went some time ago it was good, very good, but it sounds like it has gone the way of many of that type in recent times. I'll look at the others suggested, we're in Tignes from Dec 22nd and I really cannot be bothered to cook on Christmas Day, we then go to La Plagne from Dec 29th and the chalet is catered, so it was just a thought for a lunch/dinner out.

If we do go to Folie Douche again, I will remember not to try and ski down Face after a bottle of Champagne or 3!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for L'Armailly and also Signal from me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
L'Arolay. Best approached off piste from the Fornet home run.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Standee wrote:

If we do go to Folie Douche again, I will remember not to try and ski down Face after a bottle of Champagne or 3!!!!

You must be minted if you're buying champagne in the Folie Douce! €600 for a magnum iirc.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for L'Arolay
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Piccadilly wrote:
Standee wrote:

You must be minted if you're buying champagne in the Folie Douce! €600 for a magnum iirc.

two good incomes, no kids, no mortgage, far from minted, far from skint.

but it seems we'll be trying somewhere new, thanks to fellow snowHead suggestions, just have to see which is the first to reply to email about a reservation.

is Cafe Face still on the go, and still as lively around 4:30 -5pm, I know one of the bars burnt down last season (Bannana Bar?), is the awful T Bar still open or has it finally met it's maker?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Standee,

Yes Cafe Face was still there last year. The price of drinks progressively gets more expensive as the evening progresses. Sometimes has the singer and sax player from the Folie Douce performing.

I'm hoping Bananas has been rebuilt by the start of this season, it's almost a year since it was damaged by fire. I'm not sure I'd feel happy in the bottom bar unless they have installed a much bigger stairs.

Given your personal circumstances go for an evening drink in the Blizzard Hotel Bar, very relaxed and huge leather sofas.

Dick's T-Bar is still there and another "members only" bar next to it, too young for me, they don't kick off until after 11pm (past my bedtime nowadays).

There's a "new" night club under the nursery slopes at the Rond Point where the buses turn around by the road tunnel. The other night club is on the "upper" road behind the Cygnaski Hotel.

The Alsace Taverne, below the Kandahar Hotel is very rustic but can be a bit too quiet before the restaurant gets going.

The Corniche Restaurant, hidden in the old village by the church, is very nice for dinner.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
L'Arolay for me too. But book in advance. Blue or Black run from Fornet mid-station then when you have clear view of the btm of the cable car turn left and ski acroos field (easy) into back of village and follow your nose.
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
Standee,

Yes Cafe Face was still there last year. The price of drinks progressively gets more expensive as the evening progresses. Sometimes has the singer and sax player from the Folie Douce performing.

I'm hoping Bananas has been rebuilt by the start of this season, it's almost a year since it was damaged by fire. I'm not sure I'd feel happy in the bottom bar unless they have installed a much bigger stairs.

Given your personal circumstances go for an evening drink in the Blizzard Hotel Bar, very relaxed and huge leather sofas.

Dick's T-Bar is still there and another "members only" bar next to it, too young for me, they don't kick off until after 11pm (past my bedtime nowadays).

There's a "new" night club under the nursery slopes at the Rond Point where the buses turn around by the road tunnel. The other night club is on the "upper" road behind the Cygnaski Hotel.

The Alsace Taverne, below the Kandahar Hotel is very rustic but can be a bit too quiet before the restaurant gets going.

The Corniche Restaurant, hidden in the old village by the church, is very nice for dinner.

So still the Aussie girl and the guy from F'D playing in Face, even 8 years on, we'll be there!

I never "got" Dicks T Bar, full of idiotswho only seemed to have woken up at 7pm to eat, get changed and then go back out on the drink.

Is the Pizza shack still there on the main street, only time I've ever paid £10 for a takeaway that was better than a sit down meal.

Thanks for the update by the way, only 33 sleeps!
snow conditions
I think the girl singer is French.

Yes the takeaway pizza place next to the cinema is still there. However, you'll have to queue up with the "idiots who have just woken up at 7pm", luckily I don't like pizza.

For a cheap meal out in the evening I go to the Moris Pub before 8pm, it's warm inside and the food is good value. The other option is the cafe/takeaway in Bar Alexandra up the road opposite the Moris just before you get to the Post Office. The Alexandra is the bar on the ground floor of a small hotel, I can never remember the hotel name. The bar is named after the hotel owners daughter who is married to Phil the New Zealander who runs the bar.
ski holidays
Standee,

Hang on a minute. Only 33 sleeps??

I'll be in Val from the 9th of Dec!! Is that the same date you'll be there??
snow report
Quote:
L'Arolay for me too. But book in advance. Blue or Black run from Fornet mid-station then when you have clear view of the btm of the cable car turn left and ski across field
Until I read this, I was thinking that L'Arolay was the rustic place on the right of the piste (near the bottom) on the run down from Le Fornet cable car..... Puzzled . I've heard it's very nice, although we haven't been.

Only 21 sleeps to go for us - and the webcams are looking amazing Smile.
ski holidays
mountainaddict,

You are thinking of the L'Edelweiss. Nice too. Gets packed - so again need to book. From Edelweiss keep going down piste to big right hand turn where you have to schuss to the cable car. Instead of following piste ski across bottom of Le Foret and across field into village or walk once you get to houses. L'Arolay is over the bridge

PS. Has anybody ever made it to road level when doing the schuss to the cable car? 5ft from the top is my record
ski holidays
welshflyer wrote:
Standee,

Hang on a minute. Only 33 sleeps??

I'll be in Val from the 9th of Dec!! Is that the same date you'll be there??

Getting my working days and sleeps mixed up!!!

I was all excited then!
snow report
Got a pizza from that takeaway over the summer. It was nearly 15€ (for takeaway pizza!) and shite. Evil or Very Mad

Val really does take the p*ss. You can get a cracking pizza in a nice, sit-down restaurant on the edge of the piste in La Thuile for 6€.
snow conditions
Cafe face.....my days that place has been the venue of choice for some mental nights..........in my younger days anyway.

Vodka and jak Daniels by the bottle....... Must have been crazy

Can't actually drink jd anymore, the mere smell of it makes me recoil.......

Does Phillipe still own/run it .....?
latest report
When I was in Cafe Face in March for a couple of beers, it was very quiet and chilled, am I missing something? We were there about 5pm and the singer and saxophonist from the Folie were playing there.

I'm interested in all these suggestions, we need somewhere to go for the staff night off.

About 40 sleeps or something for me.. Very Happy
ski holidays
L'Arolay does it for me, too. Food is excellent, staff are friendly and amusing and the bill won't be as painful as - for example - La Fruitiere. Probably need to book, though.
ski holidays
Face used to be packed with season workers and punters from 5 o'clock. It was difficult to get a seat oh and they serve bread and pate to stop people getting too drunk. This was back in 05 so I assume lots could have changed.

L'Edelweiss was very good, however having looked at the online menu it is not so inspiring now. To be honest I was amazed how little quality there is in the EK for a good meal, seems to be lots of self service which is not my cup of tea/Mulled wine.

Andy
latest report
Quote:

To be honest I was amazed how little quality there is in the EK for a good meal

anderoo, Why, its becasue they dont need to provide quality, they can and do get away with it! Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy