Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3-D piste map publisher launches 6 new titles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An innovative idea in 3-D mapping of pistes and lifts of major ski areas is expanding its range with 6 new maps for this winter.

Mountmaps, which are fold-out plastic (i.e. weatherproof) maps that show the topography as well as the layout of runs, were launched last season with maps of the 'Trois Vallees', France and 'SkiWelt', Austria.

The new Paradiski map. Zoom: here

For this winter there will be maps for Paradiski (Les Arcs-La Plagne) in France, Verbier in Switzerland, Milky Way in Italy, and Zillertal, Kitzbuhel and Schladming - all in Austria.

The maps cost £4.25 each. Details here: http://www.mountmaps.com

Anyone used these maps to date? Comments welcome if you buy one.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 12-10-05 9:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had some comments about this a little while ago (here). Consensus seemed to be OK for a novelty gift, but not much use on the mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When are the hand held Sat-nav versions coming out ? wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used the ski welt one last year and it was good. Not too different really but good for novelty value. Best feature was actually the waterproofness rather than the 3D element!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Paradiski one doesn't appear to show the whole area? Bit hard to tell even on the blow up pic but if the lhs is Les Arcs then La Plagne appears to have been sold short. The conventional Paradiski piste plan is double sided. That won't work in 3 D !!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The blurb says it's an "official product of Paradiski" so I'd be amazed if the map excludes part of the system. I guess it's possible that two maps are included in the package.
Let's see if we can get clarification of this.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm looking at the 3V version right now. Either my eyesight's failing, or piste map scale is getting smaller these days rolling eyes.

I'm not too impressed, but then Hannah was saying how good it was last night, so I suppose if the younger generations find it practical...

She reckoned it was very easy to fold, easy to read (for her eyes anyway), and waterproof.

(Grudgingly) I suppose the 3D effect is quite clever.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm looking at the 3V version right now. Either my eyesight's failing, or piste map scale is getting smaller these days .

PG Have you noticed that Newspapers and telephone directory's are printed in a smaller font these day's as well! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have not tried one but (maybe cynically) I would have thought that when the winds howling a foldable map may not be all that great or indeed beneficial. In windy conditions my 2D map forms into something like a 3D version anyway. Seems a bit of a novalty thats good for mulling over round the table in the restaurant or wherever.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin Vince, it's actually a lot smaller than you might think - and than the standard paper version. The entire Three Valleys fits into - roughly - 45 cms long when completely unfolded, and 15 cms high. I reckon in a howling gale it's probably likely to be considerably more resistant than the paper one. The material it's made of seems to be very tough.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Quote:

I'm looking at the 3V version right now. Either my eyesight's failing, or piste map scale is getting smaller these days .
PG Have you noticed that Newspapers and telephone directory's are printed in a smaller font these day's as well! wink
They're doing that in the UK as well? More cost-cutting rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy