Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school for half term in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going with a friend and her son to Les Menuires for Feb half term (driving and hoping for clear roads).

The young man (9 years) has skied once before at VT for the SnowHeads Family Bash a couple of years ago with Prosneige and had a cracking time, hence the reason why he is going again. I think he was in the single star group but can't be sure.

My boys are past ski school and didn't go to France so I know nothing of the French schools or grading.

The question is therefore: Which ski school is best for him? What should we look for?

We are staying in Reberty so ideally the school should be accesible from there but I am struggling to read the map so can't tell which schools are where. rolling eyes

The odd private lesson for the mums might not be a bad idea too.

All advice gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

driving and hoping for clear roads

Laughing clear of snow, possibly. Clear of traffic, not a chance! Though careful timing (not driving up to resort between 11 am and 5/6 pm or leaving between 9 - 12) can help.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, I want the snow to be on the pistes but not the road. Cars I expect to see plenty of but the other way round IYSWIM Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a Prosneige branch in Les Menuires too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the comment. Was rather hoping someone could tell me which school is close to Reberty and downhill Happy

The map of Les M is pretty hard for me to see where the ski school meeting points are.

Will write to a few and see what response I get.

Ta.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is an ESF school in Les Bruyeres which is a ski down from either Reberty 1850 or 2000. There is also an ESF school in La Croisette which is the Les Menuires centre, a ski down from the top of Reberty 2000. For beginners it would be a bus down from Reberty to La Croisette which are every 20 minutes. I have seen other schools arround but not sure of their base. Booking in advance is essential at this time of year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Will write to a few and see what response I get.

in early November the likely answer is "none". I'd phone them, and if no answer (still closed season) try again every few days. You could end up missing out completely if you don't book asap.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ESF are taking on line booking.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prosneige are looking rather active at the moment and posting on Facebook, so I'd guess there is someone in the office.

Prosneige and ESF meeting points in Les M are close to each other in La Croisette main centre, and both marked by big bright flags for the various levels, which is good.

From Reberty you can ski down a "green" quiet ski area into croisettes, and the ESF stops are pretty much straight ahead/slightly to the right as you get spit out in to the main square, and Prosneige compeltely to the right. There's also a blue "menuires" run which runs alongside. The green is not an easy green, so I wouldn't put beginners straight on either - take the bus.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brilliant. Thanks to all for the helpful responses. Will get booking.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AndrewBailey, The bus service is every 20 minutes Reberty to Les Menuires, or as above just an easy ski down to Bruyeres.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed in reberty last year and used esf. The office is located in the main village. So you whizz down there (ski) and do the bookings. Catch the lift back up to the top and either do the la croix black mogul down (really nice and quiet) or cruise down the red blue back to base.

The kids however don't need to do this as there is an esf meeting point up at Reberty. It is obvious where it is and you will see it once you are there. It has a hut and a ski escalator for the young ones. More importantly it has a bar with chairs 50 meters across the piste where you can wait.

I have not been a big fan of ESF over the years. They use big groups and bad english, they go slow and in a group session technically just does not work. But at Reberty it did work much better. Just my opinion.....

It is a great place to be based, better than vt in my opinion.

Only niggle is that on change over day you need to get out of the resort early as the traffic builds up in the main les menuire area further down.....This is particularly true if there has been a dump of snow and gendarme are enforcing chains etc...

Hope that helps.

You have picked a really good resort........
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just to be clear when I say ski down to the main village I mean in reberty not Les menuire!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would suggest that for half term you need to PRE-BOOK your lessons. Doing it when you arrive could spell disaster.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy