Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance company insists on helmet use

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in favour of insurance companies offering competing products. An example is car insurance for very low mileage drivers and that is a good comparison with helmets. They may find low mileage drivers, like helmet wearing skiers, increases the risk of an accident. Certainly I see a lot more dangerous skiing in resorts where helmet wearing is the norm, however the helmet wearing may actually result in a lower overall severe injury rate.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very interesting TED Talk on cycling, helmets and the culture of fear. There are definite parallels with the snowsport industry and the way helmets are pushed IMO. Anyway, it's a good talk... http://video.tedxcopenhagen.dk/video/911034/mikael-colville-andersen
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy wrote:
I doubt they'd lose much custom. The average 1 week per year ski punter books via a major tour op. and probably has either no insurance at all or buys the bundled ski/holiday insurance, while the typical ski enthusiast probably already wears a helmet. So I call it some kind of marketing thing.

Spot on, with the publicity this move has produced, I suspect they've seen a big increase in quotes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which? have an online article about this insurance company and their helmet policy. Apparently "77% of British skiers now claim to wear a helmet".

http://conversation.which.co.uk/transport-travel/essential-travel-insurance-ski-helmet-cover-injuries/

If you do wear a helmet, then you might be more tempted to get insurance with this company. I guess it makes it a more competitive market? I can't see all insurance companies offering it in a hurry.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use a helmet, but I would not get this ski insurance. Were I to, I just know that I would end up getting hurt while say walking to the toilet while my helmet was on the bar table, or some other time when my helmet was not actually on my head, and then would not be covered.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hughbedo, that's fairly silly - the terms of the policy wouldn't expect you to do that, and they would pay out if you were injured under those circumstances.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are you sure? Sure enough to bet the thousands you would be paying out if uninsured against the price difference between this company and another one without this clause?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So you take their insurance and you wear a helmet on the slopes... however you've ditched your kit and are walking back to your hotel and slip on ice, falling and hitting your head - would you still be covered? Or should you wear a helmet all the time whilst on holiday?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about a bar on the ski slope? I was thinking about the Van Chau (sp) hut at Sainte Foy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy