Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies, what are you skiing on?

Poster: A snowHead
Ladies (and any gents who have come in for a look rolling eyes ),
I need some new ski's this season and am looking for possibly one pair does all so piste and to dabble in the off piste or do I go fatter and carry a 2nd pair of piste ski's!
So thought I would ask what snowHead ladies are all skiing on? I am looking at something possibly 85-90ish underfoot if it is going to be one ski. Currently ski on Head Monsters and an old pair of Atomic Nomads.
Off to the ski show today to start picking folks brains and doing the ski test at MK on 17th so any ideas are welcome. They dont have to be female specific ski's but cant be longer than 160 with a rocker, cos I'm a short ass Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm 165cm (5'5") so not exactly tall either.

169 Icelantic Pilgrim (90mm) is my go to pair, I ski them everywhere. Love them so much that I'm on my second pair.

Last season I added the 168 Whitedot Director (107mm) to my small quiver because I wanted to see what the rocker revolution was all about. They're great in all conditions too (although I haven't had the opportunity to try them in really icy conditions so there's that caveat). I can attest to the fact that they are absolutely fine on the steep, narrow cat track that is the black run from the top of Brévènt to the bottom and also in trees.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I treated myself to some K2 Missbehaved (102mm) this season - so far only tried them indoors at leeds - far exceeded my expectations given they are a fatter ski (although K2 do claim 70% all mountain and 30% park) - I also have my Rossignol B2 Bandit skis which I love dearly - great for all piste conditions I have met so far and the little bit of off piste I have dabbled in - no flapping about, easy to carve, quick to turn powder, slush and ice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zero-G, Thanks for that, I am only 152cms rolling eyes
I did demo the Pilgrims in Val T years ago and think they would be worth another go as my skiing (I think) has improved since then Laughing
I think realisticly I need a new all mountain pair and something (even second hand) for using in the dome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, You might like the Volkl Kendo (unisex) or Aura (gurls), worth a shot.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got 2012 Dynastar Exclusive Legend Idylls. They are AMAZING. They're only a 78mm waist but have 25% rocker so cope brilliantly with all types of snow.

http://skicanadamag.com/ski-tests/ski-test-2012/dynastar-exclusive-legend-idyll-2012

I had 86mm waisted skis (Rossignol S86W) and ditched them for the Dynastars, which are far better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds wrote:
Thanks for that, I am only 152cms rolling eyes
I did demo the Pilgrims in Val T years ago and think they would be worth another go as my skiing (I think) has improved since then Laughing
I think realisticly I need a new all mountain pair and something (even second hand) for using in the dome.

I've got a pair if 151 Pilgrims (with Vist bindings) that I was about to pop on here for sale. I skied them from my third week but they are obviously a tad too short for me. Perfect for you though Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for Volkl Aura
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been skiing Movement Jams for the last 3 years, definitely one-ski-does-everything. Granted slalom skis might be better on boilerplate, but I've never worried at all with these. Lightweight, bendy but responsive
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm on a set of Elan Magfire 78 Ti's 78mm underfoot in a 168cm. Supposedly 80/20 on/off piste bias
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just bought my No. 1 student (my GF Wink) a pair of Rossignol Temptation 82

131-82-119
Rocker
The 144cm length would work for you

http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/temptation-82-wtpi2_RA1EJ03_product_alpine-women-skis-all-mountain-all-snow.html
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
153 K2 Superfree

http://skicanadamag.com/ski-tests/ski-test-2012/k2-superfree-women
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linds, a very well timed post, because this pixie is thinking it is time to replace the miss demeanors. I was thinking about giving these a try out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Linds. I am not a lady but my wife recently got some Blizzard Black Pearl's. I thought they were fantastic. She's not getting them back. The construction is actually the same as the men's Bushwacker. Great fun, great grip on piste for an 88mm and will have plenty enough float if you are 152cm. Also quite light. I skied them 4cm below head height and enjoyed them so the 153 should be fione for you unless you particularly want to go long. http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/black-pearl/6176

Alternatively, try the Atomic Elysian which is the female version of the Theory which I ski. Again, same construction as the mens. Bit wider at 95mm, and a twin tip. http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/elysian--ffg-12/6166
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Piccadilly wrote:
I've got 2012 Dynastar Exclusive Legend Idylls. They are AMAZING. They're only a 78mm waist but have 25% rocker so cope brilliantly with all types of snow.

http://skicanadamag.com/ski-tests/ski-test-2012/dynastar-exclusive-legend-idyll-2012

I had 86mm waisted skis (Rossignol S86W) and ditched them for the Dynastars, which are far better.
I have the older, non-rockered version of this, 152s with a 75mm waist. I do like them and find them pretty versatile, but covet either the 2012 version or the Edens. I'm quite brand-loyal to Dynastar.
ski holidays
Thank you for all your replys!
A bit of a minefield this but my list to try goes something like this:

Head MYA 9 (93)
Volkl Kenya (87)
Atomic Elysian (95)
Atomic Affinity Storm
Head REV 80/85
Solomon Rockette (8Cool
K2 Miss Demeanour (90)
K2 Superstitious (84)

and will keep a look out for the other ski's mentioned on here at MK on the 17th.
Hells Bells, They caught my eye and were recomened to me as a replacement to my Monsters so hope to try them next weekend

Zero-G, Message sent about your Pilgrims Smile
latest report
Linds, and I am still happy with my Miss Demeanours, just getting a bit old now.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, I tried the Atopmic Elysian and the Miss Demeanors on the same session and the Atomics were better.
snow report
Linds, The Revs look like a good replacement for the monsters.
snow conditions
If I was allowed to only pick one of the 8 pairs I currently have it would be my Stöckli Stormrider 95. But I prefer to have several pairs to choose from.

I like the old Lotta Luvs (I have a pair) but the new Superstitious somehow have lost everything I liked in Lottas.
ski holidays
H, Mrs Snow-Dog here, (of the Black Pearls), just to add why don't you have a quick look on Ski-Diva - if you haven't come across it already - they have reviewed lots of women's skis and are really helpful if you have any questions.
snow conditions
Piccadilly wrote:

which of course are completely different companies and made in completely different factories.... Very Happy
ski holidays
I love my Volkl Auras and would pick them over the Kendo which I also tried if I only had one ski. I haven't tried them but a lot of the Blizzard flipcore skis are getting rave reviews in the US, I guess the Black Pearl as recommended above would most fit what you describe and was fall Lines Women's ski of the year this year.
snow report
I have Kenjas (87 or 88mm) and Nordica Nemesis (98mm), and this weekend went a bit mad and ordered another pair-last season's Nordica Soul Riders which I think will be more forgiving than the Nemesis.
Tried the Black Pearls last week in pre season testing-very nice go anywhere skis. Less grippy (slightly) than the Kenja's on piste, but would probably be better off piste. Very nice ski!
latest report
Did you try any of the other Blizzards Perty?
snow report
My 5'1" wife is partial to the Scott Luna's for an all-round ski. Only 84 underfoot in the 156 so they are carvy and fun on the piste but they seem to give her enough float in the powder too.

A dream holiday ski.
latest report
Pedantica, you should try some, I much prefer them to the non-rockered 2011 Idylls I demoed. Mine were an end of season sale bargain at Ellis Brigham.

iskar, they are very different skis though!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy