Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 7 Laux 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
The 7 Laux is usually amongst the first non glacier resorts to open in Europe. 27th October in 2010, 29th October this year. We finally got up today and here are a few photos.

we had about 800 vertical meters of skiing to play with.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, great pics... and the second time today I have seen Les 7 Laux spring up. For the ignorant like me, where exactly is it?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should have started this thread on Wednesday Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's a couple of mine then, from Nov 1st. A couple from Halloween I put elsewhere.

The main open bowl. Two blue pistes, a short red option, and a lot of 'go where you like' off piste with natural things to jump off.

This red 'Maturu' piste back to base at Pipay was a cracker for the top 2/3rds and a bit scuffy lower down. Base damage ahoy! I think they'd even set the snow cannons on it because a couple of bends felt very manufactured.

Some layabout snowboarder having a sit down as usual.

The webcams show the snow deteriorating (that home run will be very scratchy now I should think), but anyone in or near the Isere should consider giving it a go, quick! Same opening again today (the Grand Cerf and Eterlou lifts, and the 4 mentioned pistes) - then that's it I believe. Closed until Dec 22nd.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for posting the extra pics. Glad you took advantage of the snow. It snowed about 5-10cm on Thursday night above 1500m so only about 50 meters of the home run had some visible stones. Which was nice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

great pics... and the second time today I have seen Les 7 Laux spring up. For the ignorant like me, where exactly is it?

It is in the Isere valley near Crolles and not far from Grenoble. It is a suprising large resort, bigger than most in North America but little known in the UK for some reason.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
31 October 2012

http://youtube.com/v/IJwYXCPxE4k
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awesome video man! Fingers crossed for a great season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions look great in that video

Does anyone know what les 7 lauxs annual snowfall is compared to other French resorts?

I could see how being close to the med and in the first set of mountains that incoming storms would reach could lead to enhanced snowfall but would be interesting to know if it was a good bet for powder. From the piste map it looks like it has some fairly serious back/slack country to.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It is a suprising large resort, bigger than most in North America but little known in the UK for some reason.

Skiers in the UK have generally only heard of the small minority of resorts which are favoured by the UK Tour Operators.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I could see how being close to the med and in the first set of mountains that incoming storms would reach could lead to enhanced snowfall but would be interesting to know if it was a good bet for powder. From the piste map it looks like it has some fairly serious back/slack country to.

Les Sept Laux is in the Belledonne range and is really no closer to the Med than the likes of Val Thorens. In fact it is only 25 miles from Val Thorens and 10 miles north of Alpe d' Huez. Storms arriving from the Med will encounter the Barre des Ecrins and those from the Atlantic will encounter the Chartreuse first.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the Belledonne often does get more snow than resorts to the East of it, although my impression is that it is more storms from due West to the North West which catch it
Les 7 Laux is great, especially if you go on a weekday and avoid the Grenoble weekend crowds
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/AbMremJTD2E
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good coverage for this time of year!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5 to 10cm of fresh snow overnight depending on the altitude but not as much snow as a week ago.

Heard of a skier triggered avalanche today at 2000m on a north aspect, no casualties but take care.
snow report
I was up in Samoens yesterday.

Most of the recent snow seems to have disappeared.

I imagine 7L may have been hit a little?
ski holidays
7Laux planning another pre-ouverture this weekend.

Quote:
+ de 40 cm à Pipay... et encore de la neige pour cette nuit et demain...
On prévoit une ouverture partielle pour samedi 1er décembre...
Restez connecté, plus d'informations demain en début d'après-midi.
Une Ouverture du TSD Oursière serait prévue...

http://www.les7laux.com/index.php/fr/menu-en-direct/87-actualites/283-info-du-moment.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy