Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Themed pistes?

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed on the Courchevel website that they are going to provide an Indian theme for the Indiens piste above C1650. What on earth could that mean? Do you think that skiers wil have to flee from brutal axe wielding Cheyenne? Skirt around the white man's brutal oppression of the natives? Wigwam bivouacs in case you get stuck overnight?

I would have thought that a tree-lined green run in a gentle and wide gully would have been sifficient theming for a piste like Indiens?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe it involves skiing through an ice replica of the
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tremendous. Imagination goes into over-drive. Every resort seems to have a Marmottes piste, so that is employment for them. Presume you have to dodge them. Sanglier, which I think is a wild boar might be more difficult. Genepi presumably means you must drink quantities of the green stuff before starting down. This one will run. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, ah but could it alternatively mean curry and sitar music ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In La Plagne (or Tignes) there was a Milka Piste, a purple run of course Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
with brown snow?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
In La Plagne (or Tignes) there was a Milka Piste, a purple run of course Very Happy

And in Les Arcs. A couple of times I've been given free chocolate by a skiing purple cow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, I know a 9 year old that would spend all day on that same piste if there was a chance of free sweeties. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, doesn't appear that often, fortunately, and not always in the same Milka area. I was once acosted some distance from the cow's home pasture.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

And in Les Arcs. A couple of times I've been given free chocolate by a skiing purple cow.

I'll have what he's smoking, purple skiing cows indeed. Next you'll be telling me that giant ones stand at the side of the pistes during ski races.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

I was once acosted some distance from the cow's home pasture.

....................(Insert witty comment!) Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier,
Quote:

I'll have what he's smoking, purple skiing cows indeed. Next you'll be telling me that giant ones stand at the side of the pistes during ski races.

I have seen the purple cows as well. We may all have all been adversley affected by the contents of the Kate Moss thread wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
damn, those purple cows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I was in La Clusaz one was hanging around the ecole du ski next to the gondola stations and this poor little lad was scared of it! It had ski boots on and i saw it skiing! it's become a standing joke between me and my mum!!!!!! they're freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
argh a skiing purple upright cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like the giant penguin 'Bobo' that some Austrian resorts use as their childrens ski mascot. Many a time I've been tempted to ski off after a young lady instructor wearing a Bobo rucksack...

Aside from that Piste's should be 'snow' themed snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pra Loup has a Milka piste and also one called Air France - I don't think I've ever been down the Air France one so can't say if it's lined with surly baggage handlers.
ski holidays
I have been known to ski after a rapidly departing purple cow begging more chocolates, and ended up racing one one day in a challenge Embarassed
latest report
boredsurfin, the kids used to love the Milka Piste, there is/was one in Serre Chevalier too. The Milka cow would give out free chocolate.
snow conditions
Damn, I think I'll have to ask Wengen to get a new Milka piste, I love their chocolate Embarassed
snow report
D G Orf,
Quote:

Damn, I think I'll have to ask Wengen to get a new Milka piste, I love their chocolate

I prefer the more expensive swiss stuff, anyone got a contact at Lindt, maybe we could do some influencing Very Happy
snow report
snowbunny, I have to agree. Milka isn't very good chocolate, and Lindt is just lush, especially when you bite the Lindt Bunny's head off! Shocked wink
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Good job I'm not a chocolate rabbit Shocked
snow report
snowbunny, ok compared to Lindt, Milka's not in the same league, but it's still better than Cadburys
ski holidays
D G Orf, I can't stop thinking about how much I want to eat some chocolate now wink
snow conditions
Yep, that is what this thread has done to me too.

I need choccie NOW Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Isn't there a piste at Kitzbuhel called Alte kase, which I think means old cheese. might stop you all thinking of chocolate! snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, I'm sure that certain cheeses and chocolate are meant to complement each other. Hmmm chocolate wink
snow conditions
I could'nt hold out any more. I went and got some choccy, and D G Orf, it was Lindt, and it was lovely Little Angel
snow conditions
snowbunny, Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!! Laughing wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, rolling eyes Hmmm, thanks for that. I had carefully omitted telling you about just how much I ate, during this little lapse in my normally good behaviour Very Happy
ski holidays
Anybody go and get cheese? snowHead
latest report
Next idea! Gunfights on the OK piste. (at Val d) Pistols cold be picked up at the top of the Furnival and you could happily blast away at each other while skiing down. Might help reduce lift queues. Maybe not...... snowHead
latest report
Chris Bish, The guilty and dieters could go for the healthy option at Courchevel's Fruit Junction perhaps Very Happy
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno wrote:
snowbunny, Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!! Laughing wink

Laughing Laughing not heard that one before!
ski holidays
There is a piste in La Thuile called Fourclaz Bassa, which I thought perhaps had a "Glaswegian" theme
snow report
The aptly named " Oh God " above Wengen which used to be an off-piste route but is now classified as free ride piste. Seriously though it is not too bad except when the weather conditions are poor. For a photo of it see my gallery.
ski holidays
NEED CHOCOLATE
and the pistol thing is a good idea. laser quest/paintball on skis!
latest report
hibernia, it lives up to its name when the fresh snow has been swept off the ice Twisted Evil
latest report
Cathy Coins,
Quote:

IncogSkiSno wrote:
snowbunny, Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!!

not heard that one before!

I know, very unoriginal rolling eyes but therein, lies a private joke between myself and snowbunny wink
snow conditions
Crazy skier jules - I'm sure Milton Keynes snowdome does a paintball type of event...
Just looked it up and its http://www.xscape.co.uk/miltonkeynes/news/details.asp?id=77&r=
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno wrote:
I know, very unoriginal rolling eyes but therein, lies a private joke between myself and snowbunny wink

No, truly - I hadn't heard it before and thought it was funny.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy