Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top Ten Nosebleed Slopes: world's most exhilarating ski runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Peter Hardy (European) suggested in Over The Edge that the worlds top 6 exhilerating runs were:
1 Corbet's Couloir, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2 Vallée Blanche, Chamonix, France
3 The Hahnenkamm, Kitzbuhel, Austria
4 The Wall, Avoriaz, France
5 Courchevel Couloirs, Courchevel, France
6 The Champagne Run, Vaujany, France

Alistair Wearmouth (American) in his article Beyond Black: The World's Top 10 Classic Steeps
has a different list:
1. Ruby Bowl, Whistler Blackcomb, BC
2. Corbet's Couloir, Jackson Hole, WY
3. Hangman's Hollow, Mammoth Mtn., CA
4. The Palisades, Squaw Valley, CA
5. Les Grands Montets, Chamonix, France
6. Trefide Couloir, La Grave, France
7. Highland Bowl, Aspen, CO
8. Big Couloir, Big Sky, MT
9. El Marte, Las Leñas, Argentina
10. Valluga, St. Anton, Austria

Only Corbett's Couloir makes both lists. David Goldsmith's pictures in the SCGB forum show why. Clearly Euopeans and Americans have different ideas.
So what are the world's Top Ten Nose Bleed Runs?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Re Corbetts Couloir-Ok I give in, where's the run (please insert a worried looking smilie here)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't want to be a killjoy, but there are so many accredited downhill pistes, superb adrenalin runs, and most of them are in resorts few have visited.... such as, in S. France, Les Orres, Le Sauze. My turn for a little rant here - when they come up with these articles/lists I reckon they've totally run out of ideas on things to write about.... Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, I should have a photo of Corbets somewhere. Take the tram to the top, then come down to the 2nd pylon and turn left.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to be picky that is: couloir trifide, la Grave, France

Tifide... as in big green man eating plant from Mars, well nearly. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here it is...
http://www.theskishop.co.uk/stewart/images/epic04/107_0763.JPG

Corbet's is to the right of the tree in the foreground. If you look above the tree, you'll see a promontory, and then to the right of that is a slight dip. That's the entrance to Corbet's
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val Mesdi, Dolomites
Passo Pordoi, Dolomites
La Table D'Orientation, Val D'Isere
L'Arselle, Val D'Isere
La Face, Grand Montets
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, goddit. Have you skiied it? If you did, how much has Davids picture been tilted over to make the run look steeper?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done the Hahnenkamm and the Wall at Avoriaz. Would rate the Wall over the Hahnenkamm.

Would like to try Corbets before I leave this spinning globe (but hopefully not just before). Probably end up doing what most do (i.e. looking down it thinking poo-poo and moving on)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry folks: that was not the best picture of Corbets. Try this one or this one .
Please note: all photos courtesy of David Goldsmith. (David, hope you dont mind me nicking your phots off the SCGB site)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy