Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prioritising how you budget for a holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Katie Smiler wrote:
Chasseur wrote:
Interesting.

I do like the opinion split i.e. those that aren't overly bothered about the cost of skiing - as in "it is a holiday, after all, and I want to have a good time, so cost is secondary to that" and then those who passionately look to screw down the last cent in the pursuit of achieving their week or two away on the slopes with every cost-cutting trick in the book.

It's interesting indeed. I'm going to Vail in February with the in-laws. There are 8 of going in total...all staying in one self-catering chalet. Half of us are from the 'I couldn't care less what it costs' school of thought and the other half are the home-made sandwichs on the slopes, penny-pinching sort. It'll be the first time we've all been away together and the arguments have already started about what/where we'll be eating in the evening. We want to eat out most nights, the others want to stay in every night and have us all share the cooking and food shopping Shocked It's going to be an interesting trip i'm sure!

I'd say you get things sorted way before you go otherwise it could lead to strife. We once went on holiday with some friends (and friends of friends), they were so tight they only breathed in, examples were :-

They didn't usually order food, but were more than happy to mine sweep people left overs.
Once couple, when we took the taxi into town, would regularly get out of the taxi early (to get some cash from the cashpoint we were led to believe) they then turned up at the Bar exactly 2 minutes after everyone else and just as someone else was getting a round in, strangely they were always the last to buy a round, so more often than not they didn't have to, or on the occasion they did put their hands in their pockets the round was invariably cheaper as lots of people had slowed their drinking by then.
The end of the week, they were changing coins in batches of £5 for local currency.

I am not suggesting your trip will be that bad but I would advise getting the ground rules sorted in advance.

Vail is lovely by the way, me and Mrs Ansta1 had our Honeymoon there...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy