Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want to join a backcountry snowboard group in late jan/ early feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm a lonely boarder in need of some buddies. I want to splash out and spend the week doing a backcountry/off piste course sometime late january or early Feb. If you are planning a trip like this and need an extra body please let me know. I would say I am intermediate/advanced level and, while enjoying a good party, I won't be hitting the town hard every night.

Would love to hear from someone...
Cheers
steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve - one space left! www.whiteroomchalet.com/win_backcountry_weeks.htm

Blatant self-promotion (sorry mods!) Embarassed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevomcd, that looks really good!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Steve - I guess that's you from the White Room. I guess kat.ryb got there before me!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The White Room option has gone, so still looking for an off-piste snowboard camp anytime in January or February, or a group that is going backcountry and has space?
Any ideas appreciated.
Cheers
steve
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
UCPA through action outdoors?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
soxford, not me, I didn't steel you spot Very Happy

Don't know how old you are but UCPA off piste courses are pretty good. Amazing value as long as you don't mind the communal rooms. I went on my own last year and everyone was super friendly and inclusive.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey kat, that trip looked good didn't it!.
Thanks for the comments on the UCPA courses - I'm "middle aged" now so was looking for a catered chalet and a bit more comfort, and don't mind a bit higher budget. I'll keep looking, but its good to know about the UCPA stuff if nothing else works out.

How did you get around the slopes - did you use the buses or did they van you around? Did you spend much time around the pisted areas?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
soxford, well it technically wasn't meant to be an off-piste week but on everyone's agreement they turned the 'expert' group into an off-piste group as the snow was good and basically the instructor wanted to. Val T didn't offer a snowboard off piste week last year (although they do now). So it might be a bit different on their 'proper' weeks.

We did no busing around as from Val T not much point. Spent very little time on piste - just as a means to get to a route and back to the center. First day was on piste in the morning checking everyone out, then in the afternoon we did transceiver practice and a very short off piste (more like side piste) run but the visibility was very bad and it was very snowy. Rest of the week tended to do one or two routes in the morning and afternoon, back to the center for lunch. Some hiking but nothing too awful.

Check out the UCPA Serre Che 'grande traces' weeks... they look immense. I talked to action outdoors and they said you need to be pretty fit for those as loads of the Scanies go and they are uber fit and uber keen!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've had enough interest that we're now looking at running another trip the following week (26th Jan). Need one or two more people to make it happen!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hi steve i'm hoping to go to les arcs 19th jan for a week .at present travelling solo so will be looking for a room mate to avoid the usual exorbitant single room supplement. none of my mates can get the time and i am tied to dates. specifically want to go to les arcs as my son is working there in a crystal ski chalet-so would probably go to that chalet and get a discount from crystal. boarder who enjoys off piste and would focus on this if snow any good- possibly with a guide for a few days .no taverse to a few drinks and the odd party , but the boarding is the important bit for me. let me know if its of interest , cheers , ant
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy