Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick Question - Marker Brakes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
I've got a pair of Marker Dukes with 110mm brakes, and am moving them onto my new skis which are 117 at the waist. Is it likely that I can bend/bodge the brakes out to fit, or am I going to have to buy a new pair of 130mm brakes? If it's the latter, does anyone have any suggestions of cheap places to get Marker brakes!
Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Marker Dukes with 110mm brakes

aly, I would double check your current brakes, what width ski are they on?

There is a 120 mm brake as well, I think the 130's would be too wide for you, they usually go on skis that are 120 to 125 under foot

Spyderjon is your contact for brakes should get him on http://www.thepisteoffice.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pretty sure my Dukes came with 110mm brakes and they fit round 120mm skis with a little persuasion
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They will fit on. Only prob is clipping the skis together if you have bent out.

I've got them on 112 waist skis with a tiny bend and they work fine but don't properly clip together. Only a bit annoying when bootpacking with them on your shoulder so normally stick them on the pack.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The current skis are 103 wide (Black Crows Navis). If there's a 120 brake then that might make more sense but I can't find it for sale anywhere, the Piste Office only seems to sell 92, 110 or 132 brakes as do all the other UK shops I can find on google..
If would be a bit of a pain if they didn't clip together but I wouldn't be that bothered.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
aly, Marker only do the 92, 110 or 132mm brakes for the Dukes. If you bend 'em right they'll still clip together.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.skibartlett.com/marker-duke-and-jester-ski-binding-wide-brakes---90mm-110mm-130mm-422-p.asp

£25 done Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
aly, Sport Conrad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonathan22 wrote:
http://www.skibartlett.com/marker-duke-and-jester-ski-binding-wide-brakes---90mm-110mm-130mm-422-p.asp
£25 done Smile

The 132mm brakes are £35
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
aly, Sport Conrad

Thanks for the support mate rolling eyes
132mm brakes are €55 euros posted from Sport Conrad or £38.50 from yours truly & you get to support a UK independent dealer Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes you can bend them and they will be fine, I've got the 90 Brakes on a 100mm ski with no problems!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, I set that up nice so you could show how good it is to deal with you Jon!! wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. Spyderjon, are the 130 brakes likely to be a bit too wide and get in the way (as livetoski was wondering)? If not I'll probably get a pair as I've snapped the plastic ends off the current ones and a new pair might be nice.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
aly, the Marker brakes 'cam in' pretty well but unless you're planning on sharing the bindings across another even wider ski (ie with Quiver Killer inserts) I'd recommend saving your money & tweaking the 110mm brakes.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great, thanks very much for your advice, I appreciate it. Smile
snow conditions
a child in Africa dies everytime you buy from Conrad, fact.
ski holidays
CH2O, ??
ski holidays
my 110mm brakes fit my 117mm obsethed with no bending, would say any wider and they would need some pursuasion. you will be fine
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy