Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HIRE CARS

Poster: A snowHead
Just wandering why Puzzled is there a difference in the price of a hire car at geneva airport . french side swiz side . holiday autos . and does it matter which side you get car from.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I've compared prices the French side is marginally cheaper, but cars hired from the French side do not come with chains/winter tyres as standard (they do on the Swiss side) so any savings you might appear to make will soon disappear when you add supplements for essential winter kit. The French side is also very tricky to get to (lots of stories of people getting lost trying to take the hire car back). I only use the Swiss side.

For prices try these links
http://www.fleeteurope.co.uk/main.aspx?page=wwh
www.e-bookers.com
http://www.travelsupermarket.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The cars on the Swiss side also come with the Vignette you need to drive on Swiss motorways - the French side ones probably won't.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have been comparing the price and the swiss side is cheaper by £20 to £30 pounds
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pistenbully, in that case definitely go Swiss!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pistenbully, in that case I can see no advantage in renting from the French side!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, you beat me to it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks rob@rar.org.uk, Alastair, just i was talking to a travel agent and they were saying had to go french side if want to go france Puzzled ,but what do they know Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pistenbully, if you're arriving in Geneva from the UK you arrive in the Swiss side of the airport as the French side is for French domestic arrivals. Let the hire company know that you'll be taking the car to France and you shouldn't have any problems.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On booking form they dont asy where you will be going but do give a list of countrys you cant go to . and france is not 1 of them .think thats sorted then.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pistenbully, "what do they know?" - nothing clearly! Travel agents are pretty well down my list of people from whom to ask advice...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can simply walk across between French and Swiss sides inside the airport at the far right had end of the check-in desks (opposite end to easyJet). Just show your passport and say you're getting a hire car - you can only check in at the French easyJet desks if you're flying to Paris.

Generally I've found it slightly cheaper to hire on the French side - go through St Julian at the border on the way back to avoid Vignette hassles (you won't get done on the way out of Switzerland) and follow signs to Ferney to get to the French side.

Loads of info on transfers, hire cars and directions at http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/transfers.htm plus recommended companies. Also try entering E400000 as the discount code on the Avis site - it worked for me and they didn't ask for anything at the hire desk. One other thing - fill up on the Swiss side and remember that a lot of "24 hour" fuel stations only have automated pumps at night which require French (or Swiss) credit cards - UK ones don't work (maybe they will soon, with the advent of PINs on UK cards).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck trying to return a car to the French side!

You will need it.....no signposts at all...the swiss side is so easy though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nearly got divorced between geneva airport and french car hire return last season - what started as a laugh ended badly - going into the 2nd hour of being lost, missus rightly pointed out all my weaknesses....never use a map....get too drunk.....remember that time 3 years ago you stayed out all night - French side returners beware. BUT....when you do find it, what a brilliant feeling - and it's actually pretty straight forward - just a lack of signs Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Check out www.rent-a-car.fr (I think), I got some truely great prices for my guests last year from them at Geneva...well worth a little investigation!
ski holidays
sarah@alpedhuez, seems to be unavailable at the moment?
snow report
Sorry just checked and its www.rentacar.fr !!
ski holidays
sarah@alpedhuez, thanks, that's another link to add to my car hire sites to be checked each time I make a reservation!
ski holidays
Whilst they're not at the airport they will come to pick you up from the arrivals gate - I normally have managed to get between 30 and 40% discount for my guests. For others watching this site they operate from Chambery as well (but not Lyon or Grenoble unfortunately).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy