Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chalet recommendations Ellmau/Scheffau/Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi
we are looking to go away xmas - was planning on leaving it very last minute to book up once we know the snow conditions are ok...... we've never done Austria before, and we have never been away over christmas skiing either - so we thought a chalet with nice atmosphere/small and friendly might be the way to go, and everyone we speak to says austria....... so, anybody reccommend a nice place to stay?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's mostly hotels and pensions in SkiWelt. If there are any chalets they will probably be British-run but I can't think of any. I stayed in Hotel Waldrand in Scheffau which was family-run, very friendly and the food was delicious. However, it's a walk and bus ride away from the lifts at Blaiken so definitely worth using the fantastic equipment storage facilities at the hire shop there. Ellmau looked like a nice village from what I could see and there were a few hotels around the funicular base station.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cbowls30 wrote:
hi
we are looking to go away xmas - was planning on leaving it very last minute to book up once we know the snow conditions are ok...... we've never done Austria before, and we have never been away over christmas skiing either - so we thought a chalet with nice atmosphere/small and friendly might be the way to go, and everyone we speak to says austria....... so, anybody reccommend a nice place to stay?

Im sorry but if you are leaving it till now to book up for xmas, you`ll either be very disapointed in the accomodation left, or worse, none at all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jafa, thanks for that but that wasn't really what i was asking........ why bother posting a pointless and useless reply ........ in previous years i have seen plenty of last minute ski holidays at christmas if we can't get austria we will just go somewhere else......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
its also comments like that i have seen people put on here previously that often stops me from posting/replying........time wasters with nothing better to do
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pointless and useless is it...........

You may be wise enought to read into what is being said and get your accomodation booked up NOW instead of waiting. Im advising you that the nearer you leave it until the busiest time of the year, dont be dissapointed if you dont get somwhere nice.

By the way, this is a forum, if your touchy about the responses you get, go back to just reading, then you wont get answers you dont want to hear.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ps, Have you cancelled your booking in Flachau yet. Best let them know first I would say. At least allows them time to find another booking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think what jafa, is trying to say, is that recommendations might not be any use, as whilst last minute deals might be available you'll probably have to take whatever is on offer - rather than have a wide choice.

Anyway, Ellmau is a nice village. Most accommodation is away from the main furnicular, but if there's enough snow you can ski across to it/back from it. Sometimes it's easier to get the bus though. We tended to get the bus in the morning to the station, but ski back at the end of the day.

We stayed here: http://goo.gl/maps/cSj1p but I can't remember the name of the hotel. It was nice enough, but nothing special. The Sporthotel in front of our one did look nice, although we didn't go and have a look round.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jafa, what the hell has me cancelling my flachau booking got to do with you?! you really want to mind your own mate! lol
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy