Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacing the bindings on a set of skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have an offer buy (at a cheap price) a 2nd hand set of skis skis (atomic theory). I am thinking of putting on a touring binding. Is there any performance issues with doing this, in fact is it possible? What about the position of the holes are they fairly generic.

I will not be doing it myself, how much would professional charge?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roscoeh, Binding fitting at Snow & Rock is £20, not sure about elsewhere
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have replaced bindings on one of my skis with touring ones. I think generally skis can be drilled up to 3 times, so even if position is different probably won't be a big deal if they were only drilled once previously. They will also ask you in the shop where you want them placed as your preference may differ from the previous owner's. I had bindings replaced by the shop that sold me touring bindings so fitting was free.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roscoeh, need to make sure the holes are over 10mm away from each other. Make sure the old ones are sealed with a plug. I have drilled a few skis more than 3 times to no ill effect, but they were well spaced.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£20 was what I was thinking - excellent.

A supplementary question - how difficult is it to cut skins? The skis are 95mm wide, would I be better getting the shop to cut them too? I am not the best at this sort of stuff. Do you need a workbench?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roscoeh, Unless you a bying online most decent shops are happy to cut the skins to suit. However the job is quite easy, I'm sure I have seen a youtube video, but I know that Google will know about it! Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roscoeh, Shop will do it for you if you already have them or order from a manufacturer to fit your skis if you don't. Skins are not cheap so probably better to have them done for you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
G3 skins come with a cutter and full instructions. It's VERY easy with them, as the cutter already has the offset built into it to ensure you have just enough edge showing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy