Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx, went for a walk up on skis today - in Untertauern - just before Obertauern. Totally beautiful blue sky day and very deep snow. Took some pics of the lovely clear blue sky - just discovered the camera setting was on b/w - opps.

Schuss in Boots, Im not that gnarly - anyway - I blame Scarpa!!!

andy, not a lump of mud in sight yet on piste. I did carry round a lump of mud with tuft of grass wedged into my boot buckle from that run back in Nov. I think it fell out sometime in Dec!

Ange
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax wrote:
I did carry round a lump of mud with tuft of grass wedged into my boot buckle from that run back in Nov. I think it fell out sometime in Dec!

Ange

That'd be Sod's Law. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My last day skiing of the season today. A morning session with Mr flangesax, at Reiteralm, started off nice sunny spring day, piste in great shape. Started raining late morning. An afternoon session with Waynos Jnr I at Zauchansee, was lashing it down as we drove up, sleet at the base station. A couple of runs in very heavy snowfall, fresh wet snow on top of slush. Was enjoyable and so quiet, saw about 5 others skiers. Swapped winter for summer tyres a couple of days ago, a slow careful drive down the hill, the snowline had dropped a good few hundred meters by end of play. Could be a powder day tomorrow if the temps drop a wee bit more.

Another great season in Amade land. Looking forward to october when the skiing starts up again, oh and the summer when the mountain biking kicks in. Just time to squeeze in some work I guess.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
waynos,
Quote:

Could be a powder day tomorrow

I will let you know Laughing Ange x
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks to all for a great thread.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, that sounds so final Crying or Very sad There is still skiing til May1st up in Obertauern..........watch this space wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kooky, Obertauern ain't ski amade, bloody outsiders. I'm a little sensitive on this as once again I purchased a superpass and never went outside of amade, not the first time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kooky, Go for it.

waynos, Did I tell you about the off piste freeride area at Kaprun? NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't forget to check the avalanche bulletin when you go biking!
Pic: today at 1600 m, Planai, Schladming

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hear the alpen mtb tour at schladming cancelled today due to flooding, landslide, snow.

bergfax has another 25cm of snow forecast for today.
http://www.bergfex.com/schladming-planai/wetter/

A webcam shot from Hochwurzen, Schladming.

News report of the entire Enns valley under flood alert
http://www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/3324679/hochwasserlage-ennstal-spitzt-sich-zu.story
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some good shots of the snowy weather on the Schaf Alm FB page.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
None of us locals give a monkeys about snow i'm afraid.. mainly because the majority of the snow is rain and it is piling into all the valleys.
The Enns Valley (runs the length of ski amade from Altenmarkt beyond Hauser Kaibling) has completely burst its banks in loads of places.
Huttau looks like it has been hit with a tornado rather than raging river torrents.
We've had another minor flood up through the floor of the basement and over the top of our garden again.
The whole country is on a civil warning for flooding and a few towns in Tyrol have been evacuated (some chaps by helicopter).
Obertraun (at the base of the Krippenstein) is just a massive flood plain with the train track under 40cm of water. So lake Halstatt has burst too.....
Happy times!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, so sorry to hear that you have been troubled by the water again Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax, Sad Sad Sad
Really sorry to hear that Haus Susanne has copped it again. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flangesax, Sad
latest report
TBH we aren't too bad and nipped it in the bud...
But my friends in upper Austria and some areas in Bavaria are totally stuffed.

Here is a FB page about Bayern...
https://www.facebook.com/InfoseiteHochwasser2013Bayern

Some news:

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=austria+floods&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=42qrUeulJcmltAbapYC4Bg&ved=0CC0QqAI&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.Yms&fp=3cc3d8b9f8516c8d&biw=1366&bih=673
snow report
flangesax, I've been following the floods Sad You know, just looting etc wink

Hope it all eases really soon, it's pretty serious.
snow conditions
more reports here http://www.salzburg.com/nachrichten/salzburg/chronik/sn/artikel/hochwasser-ein-toter-in-salzburg-lage-im-osten-kritisch-61207/?click=pic
snow report
It's made its way to the Beeb website too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22746889

Looks atrocious. Best wishes guys...
snow report
erk @ another flood.

just got train back from Vienna to Frankfurt. Certainly lots of flooding, but that rail line was not affected (although I have no idea how, when the water level was maybe 1m below the track in places, and we were watching it torrenting perhaps 50m away).

Passau was probably the worst I saw (right on the Austria/Germany border).

So, so far out of 8 days "summer" holiday... 7 of them have p155ed down big time. The most recent causing pics like those in the link above.
ski holidays
Stranded west of Munich - I can't get home and it has taken 12 hours to drive from Berlin to Munich! Still raining and it is not looking good anywhere. A damn has burst near where I live and the Inn bridge on the A8 has been closed as. Precaution. The motorway is closed from Irschenberg to Grabenstatt as the Chiemsee has burst its banks and flooded the autobahn between Bernau and Grabenstatt. Not sure when I can get home to check I have a home still! Sad Sleeping on a friend's couch tonight then into work tomorrow instead of a day off. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, bloody hell! Shocked Sad Good luck, hope you manage to get home soon, and that it's OK there! Thank goodness you've at least got somewhere to lay your head pro tem.
latest report
flangesax, I live 40 kms from Passau, which has been hit really badly again,i have several friends who are being evacuated, the people here are utterly desperate.
The farmers fields are under water, all the new crops they planted are done for, and no end to the rain in sight, it´s really grim.
LB is stranded in the flat in Altenmarkt as all the roads to get to Gastein are closed and he can´t get to school (not that he´s too upset about that wink )

Glad to hear you managed to avoid any further damage.

Samerberg Sue, you are always welcome to stay here, if you can get to me??
latest report
A few more pics in this link inclduing one of Schüttdorf in the district of Zell am See.

http://orf.at/stories/2185394/2185299/
snow report
Any news on how Schladming has been affected?
snow conditions
kooky, made it home but will just have a bath, change my stuff over and head back to Munich so I'm in time for work tomorrow. Thanks for the offer it was a close call last night as things were getting really bad on the A93 at one point. Very Happy
ski holidays
andy,
Austria in May is always wet and crappy...

cad99uk, Schaldming has had the River Enns burst its banks and land-slides on the mountain passes.
Other than that I don't think it is too bad.
ski holidays
flangesax, most of those 7 days of p155ing rain were elsewhere. Strangely, the one and only day it didn't rain was the day I was in Austria, and I got sunburned. So was quite surprised to see so much flooding 12 hours later.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty shocking stuff in places...

http://derstandard.at/1369362398716/Hochwasser-in-Bildern-Situation-weiter-dramatisch
snow conditions
flangesax, wow. thanks for posting
ski holidays
flangesax, bloody hell fire! Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
cad99uk, Looks like Schladming got off fairly untouched, here's the report from the local fire service
http://www.feuerwehr-schladming.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=673:0206-hochwasser&catid=54:einsaetze-2013&Itemid=83
Basically seems to say the new flood defences did their job.

The Enns river did burst a bit around unter klaus, see these fools riding through it.

http://youtube.com/v/49YQHmufVN0
ski holidays
flangesax, waynos, Thanks for the update and fire service link. Looks like Schladming was very fortunate.
ski holidays
waynos, Wow.... loving the track on that vid. Very Happy Took some detective work to find the artist on that one.... now to get hold of the download... not so easy... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Cancel that last comment... turns out the answer is contact the band directly and they send you it for free... result. What nice people Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Might have to invest in a couple album downloads now.... wink

(sorry for thread drift)
snow conditions
The insane amounts of water have opened up some equally insane first descents, like this 80-footer in Styria!

snow report
Shocked
ski holidays
waynos, webcam shot of Hochwurzen looks beautiful today!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy