Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lidl ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
LIDL have ski jackets etc in store from 1 November.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanku
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not a great choice this year... maybe they have more to come closer to the season?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
deerman, If you see an advert for merino wool midlayers anytime I'd appreciate a shout!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does the french Lidl do the same stuff? If so another one for a shout on the merino wool midlayers..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Aldi tend to better on the merino stuff, guess their offers will be along in the next few weeks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I promised myself that I would buy no new ski wear this year, I have what I need and I like what I have. I popped in to Lidl after work today for some steak for dinner. I am now the proud owner of a bright green pair of ski trousers. Happy days.

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kids stuff in from tomorrow as well
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suppose we bought C&A
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
palumbex, Green ski tousers, delicious cooked medium rare.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
palumbex,

It's good to have some greens with your steak!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, they also reflect my skiing ability perfectly.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just had a look in Havant - a rather sparse collection. I was looking for kids sizes, but they were nearly all very small (age 2-3) and if you mix a "girl's" jacket with a "boy's" salopettes, you don't get the reduction. There weren't any girls' salopettes - and only one boys jacket. Got plenty of screen wash though.

Some nice looking 2 piece kids base layers for £5.99. I walked past the poppy seed stollen.......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bought sme stuff last night.

salopettes for my 11 year old daughter - had to buy adults
thermals base layers came (10-12) came up to small for the 11 year old, and a little big for 7 year old but hey ho.
couple of pairs of goggles for the kids (uv rated) but almost cheap enough to throw away.
couple of extra pairs of gloves for each of the kids
couple of pairs of socks for adults and kids
Thermal fleece for 7 year old
some pasta
a couple of bottles of spitfire
change from 60 quid

happy kids and wallet all round.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ansta1, makes me want to head there right now!!!
ski holidays
I bought some of this kit for model flying this winter; it's already been a tad brutal on the airfield. The men's long johns have no fly Shocked the top base layer is OK, as is the ski shirt - provided you can live with hopping green. Not quite sure why, but I also bought the ski socks, they seem fine.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
I bought some of this kit for model flying this winter; it's already been a tad brutal on the airfield. The men's long johns have no fly Shocked

I'd have thought the last thing model flying required was a no fly zone.... Toofy Grin
latest report
Alastair Pink, Laughing
ski holidays
Kersh wrote:
ansta1, makes me want to head there right now!!!

it was the spitfire that sold it, wasnt it?
snow conditions
ansta1, Laughing Laughing ... darn it, I thought you wouldn't guess!
snow conditions
FFS people.

Do they have any of those mini stollen thingies? Honestly, you'd think this was a ski website. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, Laughing
ski holidays
Last time I checked their merino stuff was only about 30% merino. No idea how much difference, if any, difference that makes - my first merino thermals are currently winging their way to me from Sports Pursuit.
latest report
I thought the general consensus was that you didn't want too much wool in anything - possibly about 30%? Man made fibres seem to have very desirable qualities.
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Do they have any of those mini stollen thingies? Honestly, you'd think this was a ski website. rolling eyes

Not in the Ennis brach as of Thursday. Sold out. Evil or Very Mad Went on a surf trip this morning without them. Some dreadful Muesli bar was not a substitut for those excellent little stodgey blobs of energy.
ski holidays
Lizzard, Yup in my local ones, have been in with all the other christmas goodies for a few weeks, am doing well at resisting!
ski holidays
deerman
Thanks for the tip, went to our local one today, just as they were packing the ski gear away, and got my kids fleeces, socks, thermals and polo necks - all good quality and dirt cheap.
They also had a freezer full of frozen lobster, so got two for Xmas eve!
ski holidays
Odd that, my local ones just leave the old specials out slowly reducing the price till someone buys them!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
musher wrote:
I thought the general consensus was that you didn't want too much wool in anything - possibly about 30%? Man made fibres seem to have very desirable qualities.

Could well be, I have no idea!
snow conditions
Lovely panettone last weekend
ski holidays
sev112, Have been successfully resisting that so far! It makes a fab bread and butter pud as well!
snow conditions
Aldi DE Sued have ski wear from 17th Nov. The jackets look really nice on the website. Hopefully they will be the same style when they hit the UK.

http://www.aldi-sued.de/de/html/offers/angebote_ab_mo-19kw4712.htm

ski holidays
Last week's Aldi leaflet states the ski gear will be in on the 5th December
snow conditions
Kitted my 4 year old out over the weekend!! snowHead Unfortunately, no Gluhwein. I'll have to go back! wink
latest report
Interested in Aldi / Lidl Merino too if anyone spots any.

Pete
snow conditions
Bought bressaola with the kids ski gear - it smelt strongly of ammonia when opened, and the smell persisted. It tasted foul and we threw it away. It was part of their 'deluxe' range, which doesn't fill me with confidence for the parma ham, boar pate, lobster or smoked salmon we bought...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy