Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
robboj, you need to join the site first - I've just looked for you under that name and it is not recognised. Once you have joined I can invite you to join the snowheads league.

We are now up to 9 members: Snowhead Wanders (moi), Plough Racers (Fattes13), Spudski (Spud), Master Blaster (aka Princess Leila or briand6868 - you are never going to live it down so leave it and we can all enjoy the joke!), K2 Strophe (andy), Goingbackwards (davkt), Elanski (kooky) and Buchiski (LB - not a snowHead as far as I know but his Mum keeps him in hand! wink )

Someone prefers to remain nameless, so c'mon own up and edit your profile so you have a name as well as an avatar, don't be shy, we won't laugh (much) Toofy Grin

Let battle commence - we play against each other and our cumulative scores go up against all the other "leagues" (teams in other words).

The site has a few bugs but if you have a problem, let the owners know - Steve Nyman the racer is very good at answering and looking for solutions. The quickest way to share a problem is to "like" Fatasy Ski Racer on Farcebook, but if you don't have an FB account you can contact Steve direct via the contact page on the web site.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud wrote:

Am i having a massive blonde moment? Embarassed

If you are so am I as it seems the same to me!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, have you read my little destruction a few posts up? I explained it as I did some changes to my selections so I know it worked for me. I could ask kooky to give you some private instruction Shocked but I hear she is crook herself today so that's out!

georgedelaney, expect an email to the address you registered with.

robboj, you still don't seem to be registered - give me a whistle when you do and I'll include you snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, Yeah.. I've selected my 10 picks for both the womens and mens in the 'Top 10 picks' section.
But in the fantasy League section my team shows nothing. There is no way on the page to drag six skiers into place.
So i'm really lost...i've navigated all over the site to see how it's done. To no avail.
Are you saying you've got six skiers picked for your League selection? Because the 'Top Ten picks' are not for the league...or that's what the site implys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bez's Bombers is up and running, though seemed to have adopted British Citizenship dont tell HMRC
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerburg Sue - Amex Skidoos
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud, Having the exact same problem, if you find a way round it let me know!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
The players listed below are in play today. Racing has not begun today so you may still make changes to the lineup for today.
To make changes to your lineup starting tomorrow, click the "Change Lineup" tab above.

it does say tomorrow. but whether that is CET or some funky US time, i have no clue.

but then "tomorrow never comes" Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spud, drag them from the huge list covering most of the page across to the empty squares on the right-hand side. You should be able to select 10 racers for each race.

To change any of your picks, you have to delete them first and then reselect or whatever to put in the new empty place. It is a wee bit more cumbersome than last year but it probably means you cannot fiddle around too much - I was forever switching my racers around last year as I listened to the reports and saw the bib draw the night before. The database just spewed me out in the end which is why I left the snowHeads team despite being at the top of the leader board.

Amex skidoos has been invited by the way! Any more takers?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, Yes... I've done that, as i explained above.

But that is for the 'top 10 picks'

Quote... Top 10 Picks

'This is the game that started it all. Top 10 Picks allows you to pick your top 10 finishers for races. Your picks are then compared to actual race results and scored accordingly. You can play on your own or start a league with your friends.'

Then there is the fantasy League... Quote...
Fantasy League

'The all new Fantasy League allows you to create a "dream team" of skiers and go head-to-head with other teams in your league. So go ahead and create a league and invite your friends.'

This where i'm having problems... When you 'Go there'... a page comes up with our League and it's participants. 'My League'.

If you then click on your own box where it says in green 'my team'

A page appears with this...

'Lineup

The players listed below are in play today. Racing has not begun today so you may still make changes to the lineup for today.
To make changes to your lineup starting tomorrow, click the "Change Lineup" tab above.

Current Lineup

Drag skier here' x's 6 in a box. With another box on the right for League chat.

This is where i am having the problem.

The box showing 'Drag skier here'.... Where from?

Or is it the 'top ten picks' that will be our choise for the 'fantasy league'? If so... the pages on the website don't make sense.

Sorry for the long post....just don't want to feck it up for everyone...and it seems others are having issues too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue

Amex skidoos has been invited by the way!

Thanks - but I have tried to sign in and have a message 'that league has reached its maximum team limit'
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
codyaitch, sorry I didn't realise that there was a maximum number - we'll have to start another team then won't we. I'll start it when I get back from Austria this evening.

Go ahead and make your picks. There is also someone with no name in there still - if I can't identify them after tomorrow I'll delete them and add you if that's OK. But having a second league could also be fun.

spud, I will try and sort out your problem tonight - I have to leave for Austria now and don't have time. Sorting this out will help me get over the funeral of a close friend, so no worries about needing help. I think we all had problems last year to begin with and I have to say it did seem way simpler back then by comparison to this year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, No worries...sorry to hear about your close friend. Whatever is easiest. Thanks for taking the time...it's appreciated.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK Folks, we gave my friend a really good send off. One final "Schi Heil" from us all.

Do we still need a second League of snowHeads? I can easily make up another one - think of the "team" being the league and then all of us against other leagues (teams), that's why we need at least 6 players per team to be paired up against each other each week.

I think the Ladies race may well go ahead at the moment, the weather has not got as cold as predicted, but there is a fairly vicious depression brewing up right now in the Ligurian Sea north of Corsica which could throw a mighty big spanner in the works when it meets the blast of cold air trekking south towards the Alps.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK folks the second team has been created - called snowHead Dreamers

Me - Pongau Pouncers - so I now have 2 teams which could be confusing!

Codyaitch: you've been invited as Amex skidoos

Robboj - you've been invited as RTM77

anyone else who wants to join in just let me know your moniker!

Mind you I am currently puzzling over how to make a selection of racers for tomorrow with my second team! Much scratching of head going on here.
snow report
Picked my team - with a choice of 6 from 7 it's not exactly hard. Looks like only 2 of us in the 1st league have done so (not sure when the cut off deadline is?).
ski holidays
Hmmm - well that's bug #1 found. Went to make change for tomorrow's race and it moves 1 skier from today to the bench too, and now it's too late to put them back. Oh well.
snow report
andy, Did you pick your 10 racers as well? If not, click on tomorrow's race date in the listing and then drag and drop your selections into the empty boxes on the right-hand side of the window. It is not so obvious how to play, they really do need some help pages for new people, as well those of us who do not understand the current set-up despite playing last year.
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, yep picked 10 + 10 for sat+sun and set it to repeat for all future (GS) races.

in the league I now have 5+6 but I doubt it's going to make an awful lot of difference. Seems it's us that will end up 1st+2nd this evening with everyone else joint last. Be handy to know how they calculate team points after a race.
snow report
andy, The information about the way it is scored is listed at the bottom of the pages. I don't understand it and just take it as read.

I think the system is unnecessarily complicated. But I think it is very much marketed for the Americans.

Better not to set your racers for all the races now, because injuries and absences as well as specialities change from race to race and from discipline to discipline.

As far as I know Bode is not racing yet (coming back from surgery), Felix Neureuther has a slipped disk and Kostelic is coming back from injury as well. Not sure what is happening with the girls

Results from the Ladies first-run are interesting. Quite a wide margin between the top 30! Lots of talk about the new equipment rules, but I'm not sure that the girls are using the new skis yet. Does anyone know for sure? The German commentators were prattling on about it but I'm not sure in what context.
latest report
I just set them for all races so that there's a top 10 pick in case I was not about. Can still change at any time I think. So far I've only picked for GS, although haven't really researched who is and isn't competing this weekend (I guess some skip the season opener and don't race till the "proper" season starts?)
snow report
I've heard back from organisers and found out that we have our teams in some crazy American Football-style fantasy league. I'm looking at getting us switched to the Top 10 which is where we were last year.
snow report
That might make sense. Not sure any of us would have scored anything much in this round in the league thing. My only racer skied backwards in todays GS.

348th out of 700+ in the normal top 10 thing
snow report
[quote="Samerberg Sue"]OK folks the second team has been created - called snowHead Dreamers

Codyaitch: you've been invited as Amex skidoos

Thanks - but my invite for the first over-subscribed league arrived, but no invite yet for the second team.
ski holidays
Missed todays but think I have my 6 for tomorrow and my top 10 managed to score me 18.5 points
latest report
andy, Andy you need to register for the Top 10 picks - are you still K2 Strophe?

So does Fattes13 and goergedelaney.

I've started the team building again in the Top 10 picks - if you are not already in that section you need to get there so I can pick you for the snowHeads team. I don't think there is a limit to the number of players in this section.
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, Invite in the top 10 accepted thanks!
snow report
Samerberg Sue, Rictor Rocket is my existing one. unless I need to create a new one?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, In for the top ten still can't pick a team in the original league may be because of the ipad
ski holidays
Fattes13, I'm having problems on my iPad too, can't get into the site!

I'll have another troll through the lists to see who I recognise any of the names.

Congratulations to Briand6868' you seem to be the highest place of any of us. Most of my picks skied out on the second run, Vonn, Rebensberger and Warley were all in my top 5 Sad
Most of the top placed players are all racers by the way so they have inside info. But even they scored lowish points, so it shows how difficult it is to predict things even when you are in the know.
snow report
odd. joined the new? league and it comes up looking similar to the old one, with player-vs-player. was expecting to see a league table based on the top 10 picks, with some of us having scored something.

am I missing something?
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, The luck of the Irish
Very Happy
snow conditions
Any insider info from Solden for the mens race tomorrow Bode and Pinterault still the only big guns out
ski holidays
Any insider info from Solden for the mens race tomorrow Bode and Pinterault still the only big guns out
snow report
According to the Start list Kostelic is racing, but I had read somewhere that he was still recovering from an injury or something.

All my picks, except for Benni and Mathis are in the first 10. I've just swopped Pinterault out and put Cyprian Richard in and am wondering about swopping someone for Schörghofer as well, maybe Mathis or Benni. But I always pick him because I like him and he has always smiled at my camera when he saw me photographing him, last year he was being really nice about it and I got some lovely shots of him.
snow conditions
Any reason why so many teams are anonymous?

Looks like we're not last in the league of leagues Smile Wink
snow conditions
andy, Not sure to be honest Andy, last year we were in under our normal user names - so I was Suzy_Proell, briand6868 was just that, kooky was elanski and LB was Buchiski. I have no idea why they have complicated things so much. There were way more important things to fix such as the stability of the database. Towards the end of last season it decided that it had had enough and was throwing people's selections out of the database. Start with a large number of lost races, about 80 people, then the patch cured about 50% then it just remained a problem for a few of us!

Be interesting to see how much new snow the glacier has had - we've got about 20cms here in my village and it is still snowing outside!
snow conditions
As usual I have absolutely no idea at all what is going on, but it all seems like fun Blush

Does anyone know how I can change my racers? Still half an hour to go and I didn´t see Pinterault was sidelined, oh
AND IT IS SNOWING HERE, HAS BEEN DUMPING IT DOWN ALL NIGHT Madeye-Smiley
snow report
kooky, too late - the lists were locked at 07.00 this morning I believe.
snow conditions
Oooh, because it decided I am in Argentina I've picked up a cup for being third in the country league yesterday!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy