Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with ski decision please!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am 6'4" 280 lbs. I am an intermediate to upper intermediate who skis on piste. I ski approx 25-35 days a year mostly at Whiteface here in NY. I like to cruise fast on groomers for sure. But at Whiteface you can't really find a "groomer" after 10:30am. Lots of crud and slop to deal with. Still like to get speed and carve turns however. I currently ski Atomic Nomad Whiteouts 178. But I don't believe they are stiff enough for me. I am looking at Volkl AC 50 or AC 30. Love the sound of the 50 but wondering if it will be too stiff for my ability. Any and all thoughts on the subject welcome. Thanks. Think Snow!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Foster6986, and welcome to Snowheads. You will do well to get someone on here with the same profile as you AND who has experience of AC50's as I've not seen them discussed. Anyways, the best thing is always to hire them for a day and see how they feel in reality.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AC50s are awesome, get a pair!!! With your weight to drive them you'll be fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Head Titans ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Foster6986, Welcome to snowHead

AC50's are a great ski, but stiff and need to be worked to get the most from them. I'm 6'2" and weigh in around 180 lbs and love them. The 30 isnt so stiff and similar profile, if you arent skiing a lot of deep powder the 30's would be ok. I went from an old AC30 ( think 74 mm waist ) to the AC50 (85 mm waist) just for the extra float in bottomless powder. They dont seem as forgiving as my old 30's though. Your weight will help with the stiffness, but possibly grap a lesson or two, when you have bought them.

If you can find a shop that still has them to demo, then try both first. Unfortunately as they arent a current ski the chances are there wont be any demos about.

Have fun and enjoy the season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HEAD iTitan for sure
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy