Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glasses, not Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after some advice regarding glasses & goggles.

On a sunny day, I currently ski with sunglasses on and quickly take them off when I ski into the shade.
On poor light days I ski with goggles with lenses for flat light.
The problem is that I don't really like wearing goggles and I want to know if there is such a thing as flat light glasses.

Any product recommendations gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look in Aldi or Lidl or just about anywhere for some yellow lens glasses. You can often find sets of three like this:

or this:

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is possible to get lightly tinted or untinted lenses; such things are sold to cyclists (and presumably others). Oakley sell their 'hi yellow' tint in a glasses format, for example.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Adidas Climacool.

When I bought my a136 ones they came with a standard greyish lens, and a yellow set for poor light. Great pair of specs.

They also have detachable arms and a detachable nosepiece, and an elasticaed strap. So you can kind of convert them into goggles if they're moving about on your face/ears too much. The downside is you look like Bono.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mrs M uses the Lidl ones for her uphill skiing. She's happy with them & they seem OK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Husband has some Decathlon ones, bough in a French store, not the UK, that have interchangeable lenses for poor light. Quite good value from memory too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jocrad, I had those and loved them! 'Had' because I stupidly left them in the Caboche gondola in Megeve and someone else took a liking to them. I don't think they do them anymore or at least our local Lakeside branch doesn't seem to. Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guess the Aldi/Lidl ones will be appearing in the next few weeks, really like my Aldi ones, interchangeable lenses and can be worn as sunglasses or clip off the arms and clip on a strap and some padding for the frame and they are goggles. They came with 3 or 4 lenses for different light conditions.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A lot of cycling glasses come with clear, dark and yellow or orange tinted lenses. That's where you'll probably find the widest variety
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr Piehole, +1 for these. Excellent specs - I use them when touring.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got the lidl ones a few seasons back, they are fine. Just don't expect uv protection from the clear ones, they are designed for keeping bugs out of cyclists eyes not sun protection, there is a little card inside the box that tells you this but it's not obvious from the packaging.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Annie, Never seen them over here, just in a small ski store in L2A a couple of years ago. Look pretty cool too!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Piehole wrote:
Adidas Climacool.

When I bought my a136 ones they came with a standard greyish lens, and a yellow set for poor light. Great pair of specs.

They also have detachable arms and a detachable nosepiece, and an elasticaed strap. So you can kind of convert them into goggles if they're moving about on your face/ears too much. The downside is you look like Bono.

Looking like Bono is too high a price to pay.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bollé do a range of interchangeable tinted lenses that can be combined with prescription lenses, their 'sport optical system'.

http://www.bolle-europe.co.uk/technology/sunglass/lens/

I like the pink ones for white-outs (jours blancs), but it's a close call with the lenses in my masks, orange and all-weather.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Decathlon had a good range of ski sunglasses when I was in there the other day - like you, I dont get on with goggles (feel too hemmed in!) and they had quite a few different styles designed for skiers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy