Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the past few years we've booked our ski hire (and boots) through Snowberry and have found them to be great.

However, they are expensive and I noticed on a thread from a few days ago that I can get much cheaper (= half the price!) skis from the Alpinresorts website -- I was looking at Precision Ski Hire.

Has anyone got any experience with ski hire shops in Val d'Isere? Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had really good ski hire with the kids through Skimium this year in VdI. Very reasonable, plenty of discount codes available, brand new kit and eldest swapped to a snowboarding half way through for only 10€.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CallumDA, we did this (though not 100% sure whether it was AlpinResorts or Snowbrainer).

We used Precision Ski - La Poudreuse. We picked that one as it was on route from where we were staying Ducs de Savoie up to the closest lift.

We only hired our girls stuff as we have our own gear. Reasonably happy with them and their service. They were patient with the girls getting a fit they were comfortable with on their boots. The first set of skis one of my children didn’t look like they had been waxed that season (though maybe they had just had a hard week) however when I pointed that out to chappy he happily produced another paid which were fine.

Have used companies through both Alpinresorts and Snowbrainer in a number of different resorts, and never had an issue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't remember the name but I got great service and price from the place on the roundabout.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used Tignes Spirit before and they were great. Not based in Val but they drop off and collect from your accommodation at a time to suit you! You have to give them a rough idea of sizes etc before and then they bring a van full of kit for you to try.

We had no issues but I'm not sure how easy it is and whether they'll visit again if skis/boots need changing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy