Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on Eurosport

Poster: A snowHead
spud has already posted this on the snow sport forum but if you missed it GS from Solden this weekend on Eurosport
Weather permitting Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, is this the first event of the season? What's the weather like and is there snow?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes first of the season up on the glacier
According to Samerberg Sue, post on the snowsport forum visibility may be a problem
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking forward to it.......will be sky+ ing it, hope that they stick with the times, Eurosport really hack me off when I have to watch downhill basket weaving from Latvia instead of skiing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weather could be a bit sketchy on Sat for Ladies but looking pretty good for Men on Sunday.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Solden/6day/top
Looks like Eurosport are only showing first run of Women's at 8.35am on Sat, nothing scheduled for 2nd run. Both runs of Men being show live on Sunday though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, expect the timing to be out though. They have this stuff in Austria called weather and it doesn't look too rosy this week-end.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, Yeah, was only joking, I now record all days transmissions! wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is Eurosport still available for free on SKY? It was free last year unless I was watching all the skiing on a different sky channel?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimmybog, I think Eurosport UK and HD are chargeable under Entertainments package. I recently went to cancel mine and i realised wioth ski season coming up I needed it. rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any of you race fans interested in forming a team for the Fantasy Ski Racing League? We had one last year but only a few continued all the way through the season and database problems forced me to quit the team as they were suffering as a result. It adds a lot of fun and interest to following the races.

Here is the link to the site - they seem to have made a lot of improvements on last season:

http://fantasyskiracer.com

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 24-10-12 15:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Markymark, I have the entertainment channel and HD so I should still have this. I'll check again tonight
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Women are shown again on Eurosport 2 @17:30 - could be the 2nd run or highlights of both Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They always seem to change the schedule at the last minute (for web users anyway) so I expect to 2nd run will be shown.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've got a VM TiVo Wishlist set to catch all skiing but regularly get the basket weaving like Markymark29, so it must be a EuroSport problem rather than the PVR system. But thanks for the heads up, I'll check what it thinks it's planning to record.

Samerberg Sue, Do you have to invest a lot of time or once you've picked a team does it run itself?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Samerberg Sue, Do we have a snowHead League code for this season?
latest report
WayneC, Fattes13, a snowHead called Yeowart organised it last year but whether he is going to run the team again I don't know. We could start a completely new team from scratch - any one think of a good name other than just snowHeads?

I can start the team then you either apply to join or let me know what your user name on FSR is and I'll invite you. I found it good fun last year until the database started fookin' things up. It added quite a new dimension to the following of the racing as we have a mini league within the team as well as the team against all the others. We will not win anything as several of the professionals play and they occupy all the top places but it is fun anyway.
snow report
okay Samerberg Sue, I've started a FSR with same username as on here and set up some 10 ten picks for this w/e ...

WayneC
snow report
WayneC, OK when I have a team name I'll look for you and invite you. And I'll post the team name here so that others can join in. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, Same username as here ohh the excitment! Thank you for organising!
snow report
Fattes13, You'll love it - do I smell a little wager in the air ?????????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Found a glitch with the FSR site already.

When dragging your picks you can't move the area where you are placing those picks.

Fine if you have a large PC screen, but hopeless if you are using a netbook and your screen only shows 6 boxes. It's impossible to see the four missing on your screen...
ski holidays
spud, Can you report this to the organisers. They are pretty good at getting to the bottom of problems even though they they did not manage to find out why a few of us still had problems right up to the end of the season.
snow conditions
I'll try... Very Happy
ski holidays
For those without access to Eurosport is there a way to get any kind of coverage of these races, even after the event, perhaps online?
snow conditions
kieranm, You can get Eurosport on line but there is a charge Sad
ski holidays
kieranm, I think the Austria television people www.orf.at have a live feed. I vaguely remember watching some races on a laptop last winter. I guess that information is only helpful if you can understand the German commentary... Though of course you can always watch the pictures and make your own commentary wink
snow report
Oh goodie we can start the sweepstake on how close to the published time the skiing will be shown again!
snow conditions
My VM TiVo wishlist has correctly identified all the ski action on EuroSport this w/e and is set to record every minute of it. It just remains for eurosport to show it at the time listed... Sad

Samerberg Sue, Thanks for the invite to FSR but the league was full by the time I arrived. Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WayneC, looks like we have enough people interested to start a second team/league, so don't give up yet! wink
ski holidays
And here we go, just tuned in for the skiing in time to hear them say they were sticking with skating and now the skiing is put back an hour
snow report
Is it Eurosport or Eurosport 2?
snow conditions
WayneC, you can try again as I messed up in the place where the team is! Embarassed

Ricklovesthepowder, the first run was live on Eurosport (1 I presume) and the second was on Eurosport2 here in Germany. I tried British Eurosport, but that dickhead Fellowes was making such a bloody noise saying SFA as usual, I switched to German TV. We had it showing live on ZDF for the second run.

If you have satellite TV you could look for ARD, ZDF and ServusTV because they are on the Astra channels and free to view. I used to watch ARD and ZDF in the UK when I lived there.
snow report
Eurosport 2 at 5:30 (unless they move it again)
snow report
Thanks for the heads up! Watching men's GS on British Eurosport now
snow conditions
I've forgotten how frustrating Eurosport is !!! Why can;t they stick to the schedules. You always have to Sky+ the programmes before and after to make sure you get the skiing recorded !!
snow report
Just a reminder for everyone that the Womens and mens slalom events will be shown on Eurosport this weekend. This week the races are in Levi Finland. Around a foot of natural snow there currently. Temperatures should be just below zero tomorrow with light snow for most of the day.
snow conditions
Does anyone know if I get Eurosport Player for the iPhone/iPad, can you stream to your TV using Apple TV/suitable connection? This will be my 1st winter without Eurosport (ditched Sky in favour of BT Vision in March - BIG mistake) and really want to get the action
snow report
Response from Eurosport per above.
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, the app is not designed for this sollution.
It is not made to be migrated to another device.
If you try to connect your Ipad to your Apple tv you will experience many issues (Ipad sutting down and stream stopping for instance)

If you wish to watch the EuroSport Player on a TV, you can connect to a Panasonic Viera Smart TV or through a satellite TV.
Best regards,

The Eurosport Player Team
latest report
boabski, BT Vision is going to include Eurosport shortly. Not sure if it will be in time for this winter's skiing though.
ski holidays
Colin B, cheers. Will call them
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy