Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI 2 Instructing Jobs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm going out to Zermatt to do my BASI Alpine Level 2 in November. I would be grateful if anyone could let me know how easy it is to get an instructing job in Austria or Switzerland with this qualification, and how to best go about this (providing I pass!).

I am concerned that many ski schools only offer jobs to those that qualified with BASI 2 Gap Companies that they seem to be affiliated with.

Many Thanks,

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it very much depends, do you have foreign language skills? or can you teach snowboard as well? These will make you stand out and very employable....speaking french/german/russian will be a bigger draw than your BASI L2 ......

If not, then there are jobs out there, but it depends on your expectations. I assume you are talking about a seasonal job, otherwise interski and the like might be okay. Another option is to work for the international camps they have in some resorts in switz. Les Elfes employ a lot of young newly qualified instructors, the pay is ok, the hours are long and the work tiring, but you will gain a lot of experience teaching and managing large groups of kids...

If you are determined to work for a british ski school, those in big resorts will sometimes have some work in peak time, but yeah, mainly filled by their gappies.

best way to get a job IME is to speak to the ski school director well, directly....

dont know much about working in austria, sorry

good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a BASI2 who only speaks English I've been offered lots of work in Austria over the busy periods (New Year, Half Term). My impression is that most ski schools at that time are really busy and want instructors who can take the Brits off their hands. So if you head for a resort which is popular with Brits and approach the ski school then you should be able to find something. None of the resorts I know use "Gap Companies".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much for your suggestions and advice. Unfortunately I am not dual qualified and don't speak another language, but it is reassuring to know that work is available! I had not come across the international camps but will certainly look into them, with the draw of paid accommodation etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know Fuerstauer in Saalbach are looking for people - they've never had a problem with my poor German. There were a couple of BASI guys there last season, worth dropping them an email. They provide you with accomm (for something like €3 a night off your wages, I think) btw.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks! I will get in touch with them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would suggest Interski in Italy for your first job, they have the structure and the support you will need to get you through your first week or two.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy