Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SR : Wales 2012 / 13

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mike Pow, I saw that the twin peaks were white this morning, so thought about you up there. Looking forward to the pics!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WEDNESDAY 15 MAY 2013

I returned home to Wales a month ago hoping for April turns but the snow which fell at the start of the month had unfortunately long since disappeared.

With Scotland still going strong and the thermometer barely getting above 10 C there was always a chance that cold air from the north mixed with the early summer rains could deliver one last day this season.

And yesterday was that day, and the first time I've been able to ski in Wales in May.

In the British Summer Time.

SUMMER SKIING IN THE CENTRAL BEACONS MASSIF

16 cm had been forecast on the higher peaks of the Brecon Beacons National Park and when I parked up at 9am I was surprised and excited to see the extent of the snow cover.

Sunshine and a stiff wind accompanied me on my hike up the well maintained main path.

The snowfall was very localised as can be seen from the following images.

I'm standing on Cefn Crew where the snow had settled fairly evenly looking back across the A470 to Fan Fawr where there was just a dusting up high.

Ahead of me winter had returned

I walked to the summit plateau of Corn Du and then to Pen-y-Fan. The faces I'd skied in November hadn't received as much snowfall as the slopes running down from Pen-y-Fan and Corn Du into Blaen Taff Fechan and the Upper Neuadd reservoir.

Pen-y-Fan from Corn Du

The NE Face of Pen-y-Fan

The NE Face of Pen-y-Fan with Cribyn

The locals were a little bemused with the weather

So I spent the morning making laps off Pen-y-Fan and Corn Du (2 laps each) before heading back to Bwlch Duwynt and the home run.

The snow was slow and spongy but consistent and smooth. Patience was the name of the game.

It was great to be making 'home' turns again.

Cefn Crew

The end of the road

In the Summertime

http://youtube.com/v/Q8-EC5rygKc

The end of the season?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow, snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow, Fantastic! I LOVE the Brecon Beacons. Was in the area at the weekend - no snow, but my goodness it was cold, especially in Dore Abbey, where I was singing. I guess those 10 century-old stone walls never thaw out.
Love the music on your video, instantly cheered up my morning. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks AndAnotherThing and Pedantica.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellenté snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Diolch yn fawr (thank you very much, in Welsh) altis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow, you've done it once again. Awesome snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Sharkymark, fingers crossed for June Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow, fair play to you. snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:
The end of the season?

The beginning of the next?

Live not far from the Beacons and was wondering what they would be like, t'was a cold and wet night where we are, so the snow Derek forecast wasn't far wrong. Nice one. Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike Pow, Arbennig! Is that a 'Pushmi-pullyu' from Dr Dolittle in the 8th photo? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Harrison Le Lapin.

Yep Derek was on the money again thefatcontoller.

Smile Hywel.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy