Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing late dec - early jan in Europe.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ya guys,

First post so I hope I've put it in the right part...

I'm currently planning a ski trip from around dec 20th - Jan 11th and wondering where would be considered the best place to go with great snow and also a fun vibrant atmosphere? As I'll be spending Xmas and new years there a place with some decent night life would be good but more important for me is a vast challenging resort.

I've mostly skiied in Les Arcs and La Plagne so would like to try a different resort preferably in France or Switzerland.

I'm 25 and a few mates will be coming out with me as well.

Hope you can help.

All the best
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JumpyG, welcome to snowHeads.

Given the length of time you'll be away, you might also want to consider what the area as a whole has to offer and possibly look to base yourself in a town?

For great skiing, great apres and a base to travel to other resorts, you could look at Mayrhofen for example. You've then got the Hintertux glacier and the rest of the Zell am Ziller valley which is all very easy to get to. A huge play area in other words.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JumpyG, is your budget small, medium or large?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you chasseur I did consider Mayrhofen, so that could work.

Red 27 - the budget is open... I would prefer to spend less but this is going to be a special holiday so I don't mind spending as much as is needed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JumpyG, Ah, that's the spirit! snowHead

Verbier makes an obvious appeal...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zermatt was somewhere I was also strongly considering. As I haven't been I have no knowledge apart from what people have told me and reading on the net.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What sort of skiing do you want? Saalbach, Ischgl and St Anton should be on your research-list, which one depends on budget and skiing-tastes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just been looking at Cervinia which has options for skiing over into Zermatt - less expensive base what with the CHF to Sterling exchange rate. Good apres from what I can see and plenty of km to explore.

I guess another obvious option is the 3-Vs - massive area, good snow record and more than enough apres options. Perhaps base in Courchevel or Meribel?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JumpyG, for that period of time, worth checking out the "early buyer discount" on season lift passes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St. Anton, Chamonix and Val Despair all tick the apres AND big challenging area boxes. You and your mates will have a blast (and seriously depleted bank balances) in any or all of them!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Verbier has a great vibe on New Year (there are plenty videos on youtube), I haven't ever thought about spending New Year Eve somewhere else since I first went there in 2003. And skiing is great too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JumpyG, I'm not the greatest fan of Zermatt - rather a conservative 'vibe' - but I think it's up there in most people's top 4 with Val d'Isere, St Anton and Verbier.

Draglift fans can't beat that epic 20 minute T-bar at the top with the classic view of the Matterhorn but I'd say save it for your 40th - or even 50th.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ischgl but at with many places finding accommodation between the 29th December and 5th January will be your problem
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all your help guys! I'll get some more research done and let you know what I'm going with. Any other options let me know Smile

Cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JumpyG, 4 Vallees, Switzerland. A huge area (including Verbier) that will serve you well for the length of time you are away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy