Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

108 Consecutive Months of Skiing!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to igloo4you for posting this excellent article on the Winterhighland website Smile:

http://www.tetongravity.com/blogs/Endless-Winter-Skiing108-Months-In-A-Row-And-Counting-6417759.htm?int_clcplc=features_stories_home:1748912
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Reminds me of a mate I knew who "never came home Friday night empty handed". Whatever floats your boat I guess but personally I prefer a few quality days than sliding down some skanky, bushy old mangy bit of snow in August.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
personally I prefer a few quality days than sliding down some skanky, bushy old mangy bit of snow in August.

Well said. I, too, am confronted with that stark choice. If only it were possible to do both Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
Whatever floats your boat I guess but personally I prefer a few quality days than sliding down some skanky, bushy old mangy bit of snow in August.

From the pics it looks like they got both
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.tetongravity.com/videos/Behind-The-Scenes-Corbet39s-Couloir-1790037.htm?int_clcplc=videos_home:1747406 is much better. Not consecutive skiing but exciting skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Why not try and ski 100- or 200-plus days this year?"

Because I would get fired for not turning up to work...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think Ron Cram is still going and has quite a bit long er under his skis
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Personally I prefer a few quality days than sliding down some skanky, bushy old mangy bit of snow in August.....Well said. I, too, am confronted with that stark choice. If only it were possible to do both.

Must admit, I was taken by the Teton Gravity article because Mrs MA and I are firmly in the 'do both' camp Very Happy. In our book, any turns are better than no turns! And as I've said on many an occasion on this forum, each to their own eh? wink I give you:

Weardale Ski Club (North Pennines) - Dec 2011:

Yad Moss (North Pennines) - Easter 2012:

Cairngorm Midsummer Slide - June 2010:

Cairngorm Mangy Old August Snow 2010:
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OKmountainaddict,

That's core.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers Big Paua - although no doubt plenty would call it madness!!

The Cairngorm snow patch was great fun. We'd seen a photo of a 200m long patch about a week before - but arrived to find that it had shrunk somewhat! And it was over an hour's walk to get to it....after a 300 mile drive Confused (though we took our mountain bikes as well and did a great Cairngorms wilderness ride the day before the skiing).
Anyway, it certainly beat my workmates' usual weekends of Ikea, Sunday papers and car washing rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy