Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Hellbent 179s advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so we have all seen these (or should have by now!!) in the Sport pursuit sale at £200 ish (Flat, no binding etc)

The question is - will they be too short for me at 95kg (90 target by the time I ski 'em!), 185 cm , advanced, maybe better as the season goes on.

I m looking for a super good value full fat powder day ski, especially one which handles trees well (storm days where I ski most often mean I m held in the treeline). I currently ski 189cm 50/50s and have some 191cm 112 wide very rockered skis new this season.

I did ski some Coombacks 181 and Sidestash 181 last season and found them ok in fresh off piste - the Coomback needed a little more float for me and wasn't exactly full of "pop".

So could work these work as an occasional powder ski or am I wasting my time? I mean, I aint going to sink am I?????!!!

Ta...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rockered skis ski short so I think there's a reason that they've stock left in 179 - it's effectively a girls' length. OTOH if it's this or nothing you could give em a shot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mishmash, I'd say with the amount of tip and tail rocker they'd be too short for you, I think you want to be skiing them at least your own size...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry for hijacking the thread,

so would they be be ok for someone 174cm and 74kg?

if anyone has skied bents? what do they ski like? I have some old tatty 185cm jj's already, but bit concerned about the increase in width from 115 to 132mm, also i don't ski switch?

but they are a bargain..but only if they are any good...........and i have some of those credits to spend..... Puzzled [/b]
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
legue, I'm 5"9 and about 75kg, my big skis are 190 and I wouldn't want them any shorter, especially on deep days. Hellbents are more heavily rockered and very very soft, so I suspect they'd still be way too short for you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys, you have quite correctly told me what I knew already.. looking at he Coombacks for a skinning setup now!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you skied the Coombacks? I found them quite heavy, and little unresponsive, and they have a pretty rear-orientated mount. Seems like you weren't too fond of them when you tried it out. Maybe wait out until a next sale if you're strapped for cash?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy