Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiest runs in Les Arcs 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Taking a nervous first timer to Les Arcs 2000. What would be the best runs/lifts for confidence building.......runs off St Jacques chair?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my 2nd week, I really enjoyed the piste which runs from the bottom of St Jacques & Marmottes past / through Arc1950 to the bottom of the Pre St Esprit chair (it was a 'ski tranquille' at the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

a nervous first timer

confidence building will really depend on the ski school. there are some Les Arcs regulars here who could advise on the best ski school to use.

After that, my strong recommendation would be only to take your nervous first timer on slopes they have already done with their instructor. Otherwise, what might seem a nice easy slope to you could well have bits that strike fear and dread....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was my mums first time skiing last year and she really enjoyed the runs from the St Jacques lift, especially the one to the right, however neither are particularly long or interesting and the lift is bloody slow! Over at vallandry there are some nice blue ones aswell. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go up St Jacques, then down the blue run. Zoom straight past the bottom of St Jacques and head into a lovely run they called Edelweiss. Relatively wide, quite flat except for the very last slope which you need to get across the flat to the chairlift. Bloomin' lovely. Its also one of the lowest runs, so a lot of the gung-ho speed demons give it a skip.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All of them? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
After that, my strong recommendation would be only to take your nervous first timer on slopes they have already done with their instructor. Otherwise, what might seem a nice easy slope to you could well have bits that strike fear and dread....

This.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mally, zanarchist has it right, albeit St Jacques is the slowest lift in the world, (deliberately so for nervous beginners), and the connection between St Jacques and Edelweiss which goes via 1950 can be a bit of a swine at times. I should know, it goes past my back door.
If a truly nervous first timer and conditions not great, best to go into 2000 from Jacques, then get Cabriolet down to 1950, then continue down Edelweiss from there.

Other blues which are lovely around there for day 2 maybe, are up to the top of Col de la Chal (Arcabulle lift) take the blue marked Col de la Chal, then Plan des Eaux or Vallee del'Arc.

Plan Vert is also good after the first 50 m or so entry.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 22-10-12 21:04; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arctic Roll, is of course right the route down from Arc 2000 to the Ours/Marmotte lift can be a bit tricky for total beginners, but once there continue on down Cascades to the Pre st Espirit lift. However if they are nervous then sticking to the runs served by the St. Jaques lift is a good idea.

After a few days you must take them to see the rest of Les Arcs. From the Cascades run take the Comborciere lift and head on down Belvedere to Arc 1800 (perhaps with an excursion down the lovely Mont Blanc to 1600) Depending on time you could continue down to Vallandry). Take the Transarc upto the COl du Chal then one of the blues back down to Arc 2000. I beautiful easy circuit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy