Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When are ski boot heels too worn?

Poster: A snowHead
The heels on my ski boots look quite worn down. How much wear is enough to need repairing? They seem to have a replaceable plate thing - I'm hoping these aren't too expensive to swap?

(Also, I've only done perhaps 15 days skiing in them - am I doing something wrong that they've got worn so quickly?)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, depend on the make for availability and price though.

(Yes, walking or dancing on tables too much)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as anarchicsaltire, says, walking and dancing on tables, buy some cat tracks or similar if you have to walk much in your boots, if your heel (or toe) pieces get too worn you could find your ejected from your bindings for no apparent reason- could be dangerous (or funny).
Replacing heel pieces should be a lot cheaper than new boots. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When the screws that hold the plates on are too worn to unscrew the plate with. So replace them before that happens.
I found it quite difficult to trace replacements for 15 year old Salomons but by asking in every ski shop I passed all season, I lucked out on some in a skishop in Canazei. Italy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Similar issue here :

Been trying to source a set of heel & toe plates for a pair of Tecnica Diablo Flame (c. 7 year old) size 29.5 - heel plates alone would be OK

Anybody got any suggestions of where I could get old of a set ? Appreciate they may be rare as hens teeth !

Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Phyllis Stein, Try the importer?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Phyllis Stein, for Tecnica try these people . I'm just about to sort some out myself.

Anything Technical Ltd
Sand Aire House, New Road, Kendal, LA9 4UA
tel 01539 734701, fax 01539 734736, mobile 07789 400 921
www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phyllis Stein, I'm selling a pair of Tecnica Diablos on eBay which finishes this evening, they have brand new white sole and heel sections on them which I replaced last year, never been walked or skied on. Might be worth bidding and binning my boots to get the toe/ heel pieces? NB; they were bought from Anything Technical and they aren't cheap to buy!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Hells Bells - perfect ! - Should have posted here earlier rather than waiting for S&R to decide they couldn't be bothered Mad

Thanks Markymark29 - sorted now but look a clean pair! Good luck with sale !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oddly I found on my 18 year old Nordicas that getting them into the bindings was the problem. I had to flip the binding up by hand. After that they were no trouble at all. Oh and the heals were very badly worn.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just had my new ones for my diablo flames delivered by Anything Technical - ordered Monday, here Wednesday. £28 for heels and toes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks wrote:
£28 for heels and toes.
£28?!!

Last time I had some replaced, in 2009, they were only €10 in Jean Blanc Sports in Courchevel 1850, one of the most upmarket ski shops you'll ever come across! And when my mate told them I was a moniteur they gave them to me for free Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steve Sparks, That's about right price
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Raceplate, I could probably spend the next 2 years touring ths ski shops of Europe and save myself £10 (maybe) or reward the small retailer in the UK who appears to see the value in holding stock .... hasn't the price of petrol shot up ! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So the other day we nearly bought second hand diablo boots. The coach looked over them for fit and flex (they were great) then he turned them over and saw the wear down. The canada diablo rep was there (think its technica now?). He took one look at them and said it was toast. Although it had a separate heel plate, it was made from the same plastic and he said you couldn't get a part to replace it. Early release would be the issue.

Now we are looking for head ones for our hand me down kids boots. They are made of different plastic and am more optomistic about getting one
snow conditions
finestgreen,

Just been through the exact same thought process for a pair of Nordica speed machines. I think I caught them in the knick of time. With a bit of effort I got heel and toes off bar one screw where the thread had worn down to nothing. Luckily the other 3 came out so I could turn the toe piece around until it came off Shock

Searched web for replacements and have just ordered them on http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk

Pretty happy with that as I love my boots!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy