Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel "Frequent Traveller" issue.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just opened a frequent traveller account as I've got three trips this winter and at least one next summer so it seemed to make sense. I made sure there was availability on the crossings I wanted before signing up but having parted with £430 for 10 crossings I had a problem making my booking.

Whilst a walk-up customer could get a booking on the crossing we wanted (return from Calais just after the midnight expiry of the £30 supplement) it was not available for a frequent traveller account. I called the booking centre and after getting nowhere with the first assistant asked to speak to the the supervisor.

They both said that frequent traveller bookings are subject to availability (which is what the T&Cs says). My point is that there is availability (I had the booking window open at the time) but Eurotunnel restrict it. The T&Cs don't mention that there is restricted availability. Bit sly that one I think.

Anyone else noticed this?

Whilst I don't mind a crossing at 00.20 as I'll be home by 01.30 if it runs to time (I know ...it won't!) I don't fancy a 02.20 crossing which is the first available. Needless to say there was plenty of availability on the crossings before midnight with the £30 supplement

I'm trying customer service on Monday (they don't work weekends of course!) and I'll post back later.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Eurotunnel often, about once a month through the summer and did look at this offer for next year. Having second thoughts now.

My trip at the end of October has cost 131€ return in total which I don't think is to bad. I'm finding the tunnel cheaper than the ferry for the moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used this a lot and have not noticed the limited availability there is often a supplement at peak times though.

Andy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We usually take a Friday evening crossing outbound so that is supplement free and usually a late night crossing back (around 22.30) where a supplement could be avoided by crossing just after midnight which isn't too inconvenient. The problem was the allocation being taken up before I got my act together.

Overall I'm still happy with the deal and have booked the crossing I wanted outside the frequent traveller offer for £55 which is not too bad. My main beef is that I don't think the offer is transparently clear and that they should point out that there is a limited allocation (and ideally give an idea of what size the allocation is). Apparently the allocation varies depending amongst other things how much overheight space there is. On the return crossing I was looking at there was no post midnight availability for overheight until 06.00!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think we had something similar with ten tickes we bought with P and O - we were not able to get a crossing that I wanted Calais to Dover at something like 13.30 so had to take a later one but I had a quick trip and they just put me on the earlier crossing I had originally wanted.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used to use an FT number but now use the free Tesco clubcard deal which seems to have the same availability without the must use within 12 months catch of FT. and of course is free if you shop enough Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

and of course is free if you shop enough

and you don't have to shop at Tesco - just stick everything on a Tesco credit card. It soon mounts up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DJL, We had this problem. You can't check FT availability until you've bought the tickets, I had the same issue, bought FT tickets then found no availability on the dates/times we required. I ended up insisting they credited our FT payment & booked normal availability ones. Haven't bothered with FT account since. The fact you have a year from paying/opening your FT account rather than from your first booking is also a pain.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just turn up for the earlier crossing, unless it's really full they will normally let you through, particularly late at night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy