Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Lord - Base graphics delaminating

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just dug the skis out for servicing - yes I know I should have done them in May - and a clear ptex "stripe" graphic on one tail is missing. The other clear ptex graphics are also delaminating. After a quick read around on the www it seems that I need some ptex clear sheet and epoxy - Loctite 608 Hysol seems to get a mention.

Looks like I'll need to remove the partially delaminated graphics and re glue.

Anyone know where I can get ptex sheet and a suitable epoxy in UK? I've got assorted clamps etc to clamp it all back together.

Also, I'm still using an alu-oxide stone to de-burr before sharpening. Have techniques moved on and should I now be using a diamond file to de-burr??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colinstone, I've got black p-tex sheet (nobody stocks clear) & the correct epoxy. What size of p-tex do you need?

And yes, always use an aul-oxide first on the edges before using a metal file &/or diamond file(s) etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy