Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is first snow in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any early skiers know when the first decent snow usually arrives in Tignes?

Looking to go 7th Dec to watch some WC events in VD.
Got lucky last year as it went from green to white 2 days before we got there.

Thx. snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied there several years that week, the only time we've lost ski days has been once when the piste basher drivers went on strike. And the other time when more than a metre of snow fell in 18 hours!
They cancelled last years events, only for it to dump it down. The skiing was brilliant.
The bigger problem is mega snow storms rather than lack of snow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JulianB, last week Smile

the glacier is already open
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Impossible to say with any certainty. Last year the snow arrived late and, IIRC, the opening of the EK domain was delayed. Previous years I've skied boot deep powder on virtually empty slopes on the last weekend of November. I've been to see the WC downhill in Val d'Isere a few times and there's always been skiing available, even in years when the early season snow wasn't brilliant.

As kitenski said, the glacier at Tignes has been open a couple of weeks and there was plenty of good skiing to be had last week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JulianB: It's usually possible to ski all the way down to Val Claret by mid November, on a mix of man-made and natural snow. The run down is sometimes open in the first week of November, by which point it's not unusual for the whole area to be nice and white/under winter cover.

Even last season, when the first big dump wasn't until the beginning of December, the run to Val Claret was open around the 11th of Nov, if I recall correctly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I understand that this year there is going to be very heavy snow in the last week of November leading to terrific skiing conditions the following week for the PSB Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JulianB, Skied 35 cm fresh soft snow in August on the glacier before Very Happy . Spent several weeks in December looking at grass and icy patches where the snow should be. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy