Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Custom ski boot fitting - Central London or Ashford, Kent area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ribblevalleyblue,

I have used Captain's Cabin in Canterbury for my ski boots. I have only had two pairs of ski boots, both fitted by Captain's Cabin. The service has been excellent (in my opinion), the fitting service covers any further alterations that may be needed. The fit of my boots is superb. I now have Salomon Falcon custom fit CS pros. They moulded the shells, and liners. Now I have very low volume 'pointy' feet, but the fitting has been great for me. I thoroughly reccomend Captain's Cabin Canterbury to you. The boot fitter was very experienced and skillful (in my opinion.)

I hope that helps
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all for help.

CEM, i followed your recommendation and drove 1 1/2 hour to Snowlab at Knockhatch and found Ed was great. He was very knowledgable and helpful, suggesting 3 different boots. I had custom footbeds fitted which were necessary due to my collapsed arches.

The real test i guess will be the first visit to the slopes in January, but the boots feel comfy and i have no hesitation in recommending Snowlab.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coming rather late to this and don't want to open the can of worms about whether you should/shouldn't get boots custom-fitted.

I've always rented boots, but I think I might be ready to take the plunge and buy my own pair, however I can't justify spending £160 on top of the cost of the boot just to make it fit.

I can't see whether anyone replied to whether they would recommend any particular individuals at EB/S&R, or if there are any other good boot shops with good fitters who won't charge me for the pleasure?

I found 47degrees in Fulham, which doesn't charge - any recommendations?

thanks

Simon
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SpiderJ, CEM doesn't charge for fitting. You make an appointment, go and see him, and come home with a pair of properly fitted boots that are right for your requirements. Obviously, footbeds, if required, are extra. And compare the prices on his website with S & R. They're the same. It's a no-brainer to go and get your boots from him. My wife, eldest son, and myself have all got boots from Colin. And the next time my youngest son is through the UK I'll be sending him there as well.

Colin really does know his stuff, and is a consummate professional. He doesn't try to sell you any old boots. He finds the correct ones for your feet. And if he doesn't have them, well you don't get boots that day (although I would expect that he could get hold of some).

Anyway, get in touch with him to find out the details. It really is worth the trip to Bicester to see him (I presume you must be close to London if you are looking at 47 Degrees).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry if I wasn't specific, but yes - I want someone in London.

I'm sure that CEM is the loveliest and most cunning boot fitter on the planet, but I don't have time to go all the way to Bicester for the pleasure. I need somewhere I can go during my lunch break - not drive for 2 hours or get on a train.

So I'm really looking for an opinion on S&R/EB/47 Degrees or anyone else who fits boots in/near (a few tube stops = near) Central London?

much appreciated

[edited because it was far too grumpy first time round]
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used skee-tex myself (v. wonky feet) and for several friends (mildly wonky feet) with great results. Free fitting, cheap boots, happy to sell last years sale stock to you if it fits. Downside is you need transport - they are just outside the M25 towards essex, about 30mins from canary wharf iirc. http://www.skee-tex.co.uk/

Inside the M25/underground maybe finches @ forest hill station? : http://www.finchesemporium.com/ great prices, good selection, well established, but I haven't actually purchased from here. Def worth a look.

I don't rate snr or ellisB at all - hideously expensive imo, although several friends were happy enough with the service they were also straightforward foot people who were happy to hire.

aj xx
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy