Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car insurance for a season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do for insuring a car for a ski season, any recommendations for good insurance companies. Our current policy will not let us spend more than 30 days at a time, with a max of 90 in any one year in Europe.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are over 50 then SAGA. If not I have seen references too a broker in Swansea (I think) elsewhere on here.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BenAS, Have a look on this thread from a few months ago, lots of useful information and links http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89943&highlight=
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For seasons I've always used LV - they seem to be the only insurer who offer up to 6 months away at a time and fully comp. Their insurance is quite expensive, but the additional premium for extended European cover isn't much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skichampcouk, thanks - sorry should have searched!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i need your help wise snowheads. (I did search)

I want a slow drive out to the mountains of Austria via France and Germany throughout November, I want a slow drive back throughout May, The car will be garaged in Austria Dec-Apr and not used, but out of country maybe 210 days.

This takes me over the 90 day limit eg direct line, the 180 day limits eg LV, Nationwide. - stuart collins - very good all year but not inexpensive, though not exorbitant either.

I am content with 3rd party insurance for these trips. Does this quote from DL policy mean that this is possible. I am reading that perhaps it does (similarly with AA policy)

"This policy also provides the minimum cover you need by law to use your car in:
• any country which is a member of the European Union" http://www.directline.com/pdf/motor/car-policy-document.pdf

As the next section goes on to say that for a premium one can have the same level of cover as in the uk for upto 90 days which I assume means upgrading to full comp for only upto 90 days.

Thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hsdee, you won't need any insurance for the five months that the car is garaged. Why not just suspend it, and then start it again? It's an unusual situation - I think I'd be inclined to ask a broker. Forget about internet comparison sites - they're no use at all once you don't have a bog-standard requirement.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NFU have no restriction in length of time in Europe from what I remember. Although the likes of LV only offer up to 180 days fully comp, once that period of time is up they still then have to provide the minimum cover required for that country, ie third party.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I could suspend that bit in the middle but the car is still out of the country for longer than the limits, I am just trying to understand these time limits and what they actually apply to. As I read it it seems you can stay in Europe as longer than these limits on a min level of cover. My car is not overly valuable so 3rd party level of cover would suffice.
Reading nfu they dont mention any limits in their foreign travel section. unusual.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hsdee, Could you take out your insurance for a shorter first period including the first 90 days, so that the insurance period ends, and then begins again for a new "year" and then you would be able to have the 90 days again..? (does that make any sense? I know what I mean!)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That sounds cheeky indeed snowyowl, but like your thinking !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hsdee, Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy