Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - baggage scam

Poster: A snowHead
Coming back to the OP's issue, it's just horses-for-courses. Personally I love easyjet's policy as it suits the way I travel, as 1 person with one huge bag! Their website wording looks unchanged to me. It still says:

Quote:
You pay for: 0 bags,1 sporting item
Baggage allowance: • total allowance 1 item @ 32kg • this item must be a genuine sporting good as defined
(And I've been safely packing all my clothes into my big ski bag along with the skis, never questioned by check-in anywhere.)

I'm currently muttering to myself about the more standard baggage policies of Monarch which don't suit my situation, but that's another thread wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wigan, when I booked for the Birthday Bash, Monarch were taking skis free. Don't know if that offer still applies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wigan, when I booked for the Birthday Bash, Monarch were taking skis free. Don't know if that offer still applies.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, yes, but they see "skis" as 12kg, no more.
So my 25kg all-in-one bag would have a massive excess, and depending on who you speak to might not even be allowed, as obviously contains something other than skis.
But also it might not be allowed as a hold bag (with a smaller excess) as it clearly contains skis...
It's a clear as mud from Monarch. And I can't get anything in writing either way.

At least you know where you stand with easyjet!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wigan wrote:
Coming back to the OP's issue, it's just horses-for-courses. Personally I love easyjet's policy as it suits the way I travel, as 1 person with one huge bag! Their website wording looks unchanged to me. It still says:
Quote:
You pay for: 0 bags,1 sporting item
Baggage allowance: • total allowance 1 item @ 32kg • this item must be a genuine sporting good as defined
(And I've been safely packing all my clothes into my big ski bag along with the skis, never questioned by check-in anywhere.)

wigan, you may have a problem with Easyjet if you get a jobsworth at check-in, as previously discussed
kitenski wrote:
Quote:
Please note that you are not allowed to pack sports equipment and clothes together.
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4039/kw/sports%20equipment
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="Julieanne"]
Fifespud wrote:
pam w wrote:

People were getting onto that plane with absurd amounts of hand baggage and despite the announcement that it would be strictly one bag each, this wasn't being enforced. ...

Fifespud,I've never seen anyone get on an EJ flight with 2 items of hand baggage - ever.

!

I am intrigued that the contents of a handbag filling coat pockets is acceptable, whereas a small handbag is not....
It is the same weight but carried in a different container....
I tend to look like a Michelin woman when boarding EJ...but that doesn't bother me.. Madeye-Smiley

Well wearing a barbour jacket with lots of huge pockets I had no problem getting on an EJ flight with the entire contents of my camera bag dotted round my person (dSLR body, batteries and charger, 3 lenses, including a 100-400 L series zoom, flash gun, assorted filters, light meter, compact camera and assorted other odds and ends) and the camera bag holding the changes of clothes etc I'd need for the trip. Guess it pretty hard for them to come up with rules that cover things like that.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Clarky999: I'm not so sure about KLM this year. I have booked 6 of us out Jan to Munich, and they appear to have imposed a length limit on bags. The website used to say that ski bags could be up to 2m, if carried as "normal luggage" but that statement appears to have disappeared.

I'm going to call them to book my long roller bag in this week so I will let youse all know how I get on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="davkt"]
Julieanne wrote:
Fifespud wrote:
pam w wrote:

People were getting onto that plane with absurd amounts of hand baggage and despite the announcement that it would be strictly one bag each, this wasn't being enforced. ...

Fifespud,I've never seen anyone get on an EJ flight with 2 items of hand baggage - ever.

!

I am intrigued that the contents of a handbag filling coat pockets is acceptable, whereas a small handbag is not....
I tend to look like a Michelin woman when boarding EJ...but that doesn't bother me.. Madeye-Smiley

Well wearing a barbour jacket with lots of huge pockets I had no problem getting on an EJ flight with the entire contents of my camera bag dotted round my person (dSLR body, batteries and charger, 3 lenses, including a 100-400 L series zoom, flash gun, assorted filters, light meter, compact camera and assorted other odds and ends) and the camera bag holding the changes of clothes etc I'd need for the trip. Guess it pretty hard for them to come up with rules that cover things like that.

Last time i got on a flight to Canada there was a fella with a waistcoat that must have been designed for avoiding baggage problems. It came down to roughly mid thigh, and had large baffled pockets - toughly the size of a large hardback book, about 5 on each side, a large 'poachers' pocket in the back even a couple of smaller wallet/passpot sized pockets mounted on the outside of the other pockets Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For anyone thats not yet booked flights, Monarch are offering free ski carriage and have a promotion at the minute, voucher code 'Treat20' for an extra £20 off per person.

I've just booked flights for two people from Manchester to Munich in February. £206.70 for two people, including return flights, prebooked seats, online check in, 20kg hold luggage each, free ski carriage and their 4.5% credit card charge (would have been around £198 if I'd paid by PayPal).

Plus Quidco.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="rogg"]
davkt wrote:
Julieanne wrote:
Fifespud wrote:
pam w wrote:

!

Last time i got on a flight to Canada there was a fella with a waistcoat that must have been designed for avoiding baggage problems. It came down to roughly mid thigh, and had large baffled pockets - toughly the size of a large hardback book, about 5 on each side, a large 'poachers' pocket in the back even a couple of smaller wallet/passpot sized pockets mounted on the outside of the other pockets Laughing

Yes its a Rufus Roo https://www.rufusroo.com/shop/?gclid=CJ-Li5jplrMCFQzKtAodpX0AtQ
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On the Swiss free skis allowance... I assume that it doesn't matter whether you have two ski bags per couple, or one ski bag with two sets of skis?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ajrduff, you should only have 1 set of skis in a bag, so best take one each to avoid potential hassle.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
ajrduff, you should only have 1 set of skis in a bag, so best take one each to avoid potential hassle.

??

I've never heard that before - am sure loads of people have ski bags designed for two pairs, as mine is.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ajrduff, indeed but you asked a question and made an incorrect assumption, here is the answer direct from the Swiss website

Free transport on SWISS operated flights. Sports equipment Definition
Ski equipment 1 pair of ski, 1 pair of poles, 1 pair of boots (even if in separate bag), 1 helmet
Snowboard equipment 1 snowboard, 1 pair of boots (even if in separate bag, 1 helmet

Your call on whether you take any notice of it....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi
I have travelled with easyjet to Geneva form Birmingham at the New Year
I have taken my ski bag with clothes in weighing 20kg and only paid for the correct allowance
No problem at Birmingham no extra charge also on my return from Geneva

However leaving Geneve 22nd Feb they said I had to pay 55f I mentioned I had not been charged before
So the Manager was called for, he took me and showed me all the extra work required to get my ski bag on the aircraft
Also would not let me speak kept quoting regulations
They even checked the records to see if I was telling the truth about not being charged before
The out come was I only got charged half price (bargain)
So why do Easyjet at Birmingham let you travel with the ski bag as your allowance
snow conditions
Flying Gatwick -> Geneva tomorrow with Easyjet. Shall be having a very warm flight if they ask me to open up my snowboard bag!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy